Question Which is better or suitable, b&w 702 s2 and Contour 30i?

useryy

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
The former is 8ohm, 30-300w, the latter is 4ohm 300w

The amp is Chord's Etude(4ohm, 150w).

Which is better or suitable, or neither?

I have audited Contour 30i with Cambridge Edge A. It satisfies.

I wouldn't get hung up on the numbers, but you should be listening and making up your own mind. Spending that sort of money without doing so would be lunacy, and a dealer worth their salt ought to allow you to demo at home or at least take your own amp in.

gasolin

There is some sensitivity difference other than that it's much more important that the amp can handle the impedans: Dynaudio Contour 30i 4 ohm minimum is ? B&W 702 s2 is 8 ohm minimum is 3.1 ohm.

useryy

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
I have auditioned the 702 s2 with Chord's Etude. Every feelings, dynamic, rytheme, transparency etc, I get from the HD800s, the headset, I can get from the speaker too. But as a speaker, I think I only get a touch of these feelings.

The Contour 30i provide simliar but a bit better result. Yet the price nearly doubles.

One thing is the bass from 702 s2 isn't that pleased when listening to classic music when tuning louder. I am not sure if it is for the speaker or the amp or the music source (Does number matters in this case, 4ohm, 150w vs 8ohm 300w).

As a bonus, when it comes to 805 D3, the difference is obvious in its very pleased warm feelings. However, this flagship, even as a bookself one, definitly needs larger and larger room to stream it's wave and to let audience to imagine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts