which is best?

A

Anonymous

clearly the acc is better, because the resulting files will be smaller :?

Paul.

I personally think 320 is the point of diminishing returns. Lossless is better, but not worth the file sizes. I found it very difficult to differentiate the two on blind testing. It is also arguable that my AV system is the bottleneck here.

scene

Me personally: Lossless. That way, whatever format you eventually decide is right for your particular needs, you can always downsample to get - e.g. Lossless to AAC...

With lossless, the first cut is the only one...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
I personally think 320 is the point of diminishing returns. Lossless is better, but not worth the file sizes. I found it very difficult to differentiate the two on blind testing. It is also arguable that my AV system is the bottleneck here.

Given the parameters of your question, OP (you havent really given any), the above would be my subjective answer (*I may even suggest diminishing returns kick in before 320kbps, with LAME), though I have more experience with MP3 than AAC.

Objectively, of course, Apple Lossless id better.

*EDIT

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Forget my edit (wich i cant edit try as i might, even after disabling rich text it doesnt appear), as I'm refering there to MP3 but you are refering to AAC. Sorry, I'm tired.

Though I wouldn't mind betting I can't hear the difference between AAC and MP£ at low bitrates.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts