Which interconnect ports to use on amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

I'm soon to purchase a NAD C326BEE. Which would be the best ports to use to connect the TV and a Logitech Squeezebox.

The choice for analogue are:

MP, CD, TUNER, DISC, AUX, VIDEO, TAPE IN, TAPE OUT - these all have the red/white inputs.

I defintely want to use an analogue port for the SB - but would the TV go into another one of these or somewher else?

thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I may be wrong with this amp (although having checked the details of it, I'm pretty sure I'm not now!), but I wouldn't have thought it matters. If anything is likely to be upgraded or positioned better for cleaner circuitry, it's the CD input so I'd use this one for the Squeezebox. For TV, take your pick (other than Tape Out obviously), though I guess Video makes logical sense.

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Theye're all analogue line level inputs (except the Tape Out,) so it doesn't matter.

Although it'd marked "CD," there's nothing digital about that input.

I'd probably use "Aux" for the Squeezebox and "Video" for TV. I'd leave "MP" free as the front mounted port can be handy.

EarsEarsEars

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey, I have a question about this. I recently plugged my DacMagic into the Phono inputs of my amp with the assumption that they'd all be the same (and it was closest to the DM), but it wasn't. It sounded awful! Really bad sibilance and very harsh. Plugged back into the CD or DVD, and all was peachy once more.

Thoughts?

daveh75

Yes, phono inputs are dedicated inputs for turntable's. Turntables output at a much lower voltage/level than say the line level of a CDP,Tuner etc so require additional amplification!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts