which input to use

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

I am using the CD input on my Marantz PM7004 to connect my DacMagic. Should I be using the CD input or the DVD/AUX input ?.

Are these inputs different or it doesnt matter to which one I have plugged them ?.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Big Chris, i was just not sure. I read somewhere that it has some special circuitry for CD input on the Marantz PM7004, hmm,... probably i assumed !! :)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
musocbk:

Thanks Big Chris, i was just not sure. I read somewhere that it has some special circuitry for CD input on the Marantz PM7004, hmm,... probably i assumed !! :)

If it has, that's the first time I've encountered that.

Maybe try both options and see if you perceive any differences, then go for the one that sounds best.
emotion-21.gif

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
musocbk:
I read somewhere that it has some special circuitry for CD input on the Marantz PM7004

This is definitely possible, inputs aren't always the same - check the manual if you have it, sometimes the input sensitivity differs between CD and AUX, sometimes AUX can be altered, don't think you have to plug the cd into the cd input either, I initially suffered from too much "gain" with my amp until i read the manual and found out the input sensitivity could be lowered on the AUX by upto 12db (the CD input was fixed).... now I plug my player into the AUX, works a treat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts