Which Hi-Res Player

D

Deleted member 116933

hich Hi-Res Player do you recomend to buy??, Astell&Kern SP1000M or Fiio M11Pro

Hi, Is there a specific reason your looking at these? you can buy a lot more with the money and far better sounding especially in regards to the Astell&Kern SP1000M. And theres a pretty big price/budget discrepancy between the 2.

You could do the same with an audioquest dragonfly colbolt (far far better) and any smart phone you have on hand it would sound a lot better and no reliance on specific OS.

Hi, Is there a specific reason your looking at these? you can buy a lot more with the money and far better sounding especially in regards to the Astell&Kern SP1000M. And theres a pretty big price/budget discrepancy between the 2.

You could do the same with an audioquest dragonfly colbolt (far far better) and any smart phone you have on hand it would sound a lot better and no reliance on specific OS.
Let's not go down that route.
The O P is asking about Digital Music Players, he has not asked for alternatives.
If you cannot answer the OPs question then don't reply.
Thanks.

Of those two, the Fiio. However I would suggest adding Cowon to the list. Not sure what your budget is, but the Plenue 2 should suffice.
Good suggestion. I don't know why the OP picked the two he did as they are miles apart in price.
The Cowans and Fiio are much better value for money and are often better equipped than the A&K similar priced players

D

Deleted member 116933

Let's not go down that route.
The O P is asking about Digital Music Players, he has not asked for alternatives.
If you cannot answer the OPs question then don't reply.
Thanks.

It's helping if there's a better alternative that's far, far cheaper ( smaller and lighter i might add and heck some even smaller than the dragon fly) 100 quid opposed to 1700 quid or 500quid and can drive alot of different headphones. The OP probably has the best portable player in his pocket already, does exactly what he/she wants and more. With access to all the streaming services allowing downloadable offline playlists for when out and about and data is an issue. The DAC decodes MQA and DSD, heck some phones even have SD card slots, though many devices have ample internal storage these days.

This could go across many devices not just the one that may be thrown in a draw in 3-4 years (if not before). Perfectly viable option IMO! AND! So i did answer the question im just not trying to wast their money!

I just happen to think in this day age portable music players are non-sensical hence the biggest player on the market (apple) no longer sells them and companies offering these tiny little dacs for potable use. (But i wasn't going to be so rude about it),

SO NO NEED TO BE SO RUDE moderator or not! My response was far more helpful then "i have one and like it" so very helpful indeed (no offence to whoever said that)

Back to OP question best purpose-built music players on the market bar none is one of the sony walkmen android players, come in at various price points and all pretty much work the same, some only available as imports out of Japan for some reason but have English selectable user interface. Techmoan has a lovely review on his youtube channel of one. Ive listened to a few and its by fair the best sounding £ for£, If it has the functions you want/your after

The downside with any of these players interfaces can be somewhat sluggish but that may have changed in the last year since I looked. And many are built around the android platform if your bothered by that. (some are)

I stand by alternate solution and i would look into it, John Darko on youtube has a very comprehensive video about this solution on his channel. No harm in watching a video to see if the solution is for you.

Other options listed above are a good shout too if you must have a stand-alone player.

Reactions: simonali
It's helping if there's a better alternative that's far, far cheaper ( smaller and lighter i might add and heck some even smaller than the dragon fly) 100 quid opposed to 1700 quid or 500quid and can drive alot of different headphones. The OP probably has the best portable player in his pocket already, does exactly what he/she wants and more. With access to all the streaming services allowing downloadable offline playlists for when out and about and data is an issue. The DAC decodes MQA and DSD, heck some phones even have SD card slots, though many devices have ample internal storage these days.

This could go across many devices not just the one that may be thrown in a draw in 3-4 years (if not before). Perfectly viable option IMO! AND! So i did answer the question im just not trying to wast their money!

I just happen to think in this day age portable music players are non-sensical hence the biggest player on the market (apple) no longer sells them and companies offering these tiny little dacs for potable use. (But i wasn't going to be so rude about it),

SO NO NEED TO BE SO RUDE moderator or not! My response was far more helpful then "i have one and like it" so very helpful indeed (no offence to whoever said that)

Back to OP question best purpose-built music players on the market bar none is one of the sony walkmen android players, come in at various price points and all pretty much work the same, some only available as imports out of Japan for some reason but have English selectable user interface. Techmoan has a lovely review on his youtube channel of one. Ive listened to a few and its by fair the best sounding £ for£, If it has the functions you want/your after

The downside with any of these players interfaces can be somewhat sluggish but that may have changed in the last year since I looked. And many are built around the android platform if your bothered by that. (some are)

I stand by alternate solution and i would look into it, John Darko on youtube has a very comprehensive video about this solution on his channel. No harm in watching a video to see if the solution is for you.

Other options listed above are a good shout too if you must have a stand-alone player.
You need to read instructions on what to do before posting, your reply had nothing to do with the OPs question. I wasn't being rude, however offended you may feel, I was trying to keep the thread on track as Moderators have been asked to do.
You have your own opinion on the value of DMPs and that's fine however you don't know the OPs situation so a reply like yours is essentially irrelevant.
I own a DMP because until a few years ago I couldn't take my mobile phone to work.
For what it's worth we don't know if the OP actually owns a Mobile phone that can be used for music storage, the DAC you suggest costs around £169 which would leave around £300 for a mobile phone, compared to the cost of the cheapest DMP he mentions

You show me a mobile phone that has the storage capacity and facilities that that DMP has for that price.

D

Deleted member 116933

You need to read instructions on what to do before posting, your reply had nothing to do with the OPs question. I wasn't being rude, however offended you may feel, I was trying to keep the thread on track as Moderators have been asked to do.
You have your own opinion on the value of DMPs and that's fine however you don't know the OPs situation so a reply like yours is essentially irrelevant.
I own a DMP because until a few years ago I couldn't take my mobile phone to work.
For what it's worth we don't know if the OP actually owns a Mobile phone that can be used for music storage, the DAC you suggest costs around £169 which would leave around £300 for a mobile phone, compared to the cost of the cheapest DMP he mentions

You show me a mobile phone that has the storage capacity and facilities that that DMP has for that price.

I've read them, It was was rude simple as there are more diplomatic ways of handling that Door swing both ways!

You have your own opinion on the value of DMPs and that's fine however you don't know the OPs situation so a reply like yours is essentially irrelevant. Irrelevant Oh my! (dont know if your trying to be rude or not but seems to flow like water out of you) But i didn't mention any of that in my original post did i? agian i gave a vastly better option take the advice or not I don't care. My answer is completely on track, the phone is a music player whatever way you look at it, you pulling at straws with all your arguments. It is a very valid option! If they have a phone!?

"You show me a mobile phone that has the storage capacity and facilities that that DMP has for that price"
Why? i don't know if needs all those functions you speak of, I never made any assumptions hence my original post and question. Is there any particular reason you are looking at those players? I then gave an option that may be cheaper, take it or leave it but it wasn't off-topic at all these devices are essentially phones with no cellular cards inside. Heck the Astell&Kern SP1000M still requires storage upgrade past a certain point so adding the cost again

I own a DMP because until a few years ago I couldn't take my mobile phone to work. Ok but again that's your situation and may not be there's, again an assumption on your part.

"DAC you suggest costs around £169 which would leave around £300 for a mobile phone, compared to the cost of the cheapest DMP he mentions" That's not his budget though, is it? Their top budget by process of elimination is\was 1700rrp (at the time i replied to them). Heck id get the chord mojo+ poly over any of these mentioned and there all music players/streamers and still very much on topic it just doesn't have a screen.

Op hasn't specifically stated he needs the functions you speak of either, so assumptions

ive stayed on topic 100% you yourself have derailed this thread completely

Ive said my piece ill leave you too it.

jjbomber

Guys, can we calm down a bit on this thread please. We have a new poster, who we should be welcoming, not getting into a cat fight. It should be a simple enough question for members to answer, given the wealth of experience on here. Instead, we have managed to send them running for cover, never to return. So let's have some common sense.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts