which hdmi up upscaler?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i have a panasonic tx32lxd700 lcd tv and ive got £100 to spend on an dvd upscaler not sure which 1 to go for been looking at pioneer, denon panasonic ,sony can anyone help! thanks marks

A

Anonymous

[quote user="markmla"]hi i have a panasonic tx32lxd700 lcd tv and ive got £100 to spend on an dvd upscaler not sure which 1 to go for been looking at pioneer, denon panasonic ,sony can anyone help! thanks marks[/quote]If i was you i would rather buy a Hddvd ep-30 player for £120 and get 7free Hddvd's free from Amazon UK.I know Warner Bros has chosen to support blu-ray instead from June 08 but Universal and Paramount are exclusive to hddvd so that means you'll be enjoying around 40% of films not available for blu-ray and anyway if both of the hd formats fail, then you'll still have a superb sd-upscaler built-in, better then the Samsung dvd-hd870, in fact it's as good as the £200 Denon 1940's according to WHF mag.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="burhan"]If i was you i would rather buy a Hddvd ep-30 player for £120 and get 7free Hddvd's free from Amazon UK.[/quote]

burhan, do you work for the HD-DVD consortium or Amazon by chance?! That must be at least the fifth or sixth post I've seen in the last week or so where you've recommended buying an HD-DVD player from Amazon!

PS - I'm being facetious by the way, but you really do like to point out that offer!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="professorhat"][quote user="burhan"]If i was you i would rather buy a Hddvd ep-30 player for £120 and get 7free Hddvd's free from Amazon UK.[/quote]

burhan, do you work for the HD-DVD consortium or Amazon by chance?! That must be at least the fifth or sixth post I've seen in the last two weeks or so where you've recommended buying an HD-DVD player from Amazon!
[/quote]
I'm just trying to make people aware that for £120 you can experience quality sd-playback (comparable to the £250 Denon) and still get hd thrown -in for a bargain price, especially if someone is out there looking to buy a sd-upscaler.
No i don't work for anyone i just want to help and i know my stuff more then many people do.

A

Anonymous

Fanboy alert!
emotion-2.gif

I'm pointing out the EP30 to people here and elsewhere. Spending an extra £60 on a HD-DVD player that comes with 7 discs and then using it as good up-scaler isn't obvious to some. It makes me sound like a HD-DVD fanboy, even though I haven't bought a HDTV yet and actually want a BD Profile 1.1 player
emotion-8.gif

It is highly likely that I'll pick up an EP30 with my HDTV. I would suffer withdrawal symptoms if I am unable to instantly watch a HD film on my new telly!
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts