Which HD channel best on Sky?

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Ok so I finally bit the bullet, we move this weekend so I took the opportunity to upgrade to Sky HD. Very excited now, its being installed on Tuesday. Almost makes the pain of packing worthwhile!

So, question, to save me time on Tuesday (LOL!) which HD channels have the best picture quality? I have the movie channels but not sports. 

Cheers everyone! 

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
gregvet:
Ok so I finally bit the bullet, we move this weekend so I took the opportunity to upgrade to Sky HD. Very excited now, its being installed on Tuesday. Almost makes the pain of packing worthwhile!

ÿ

So, question, to save me time on Tuesday (LOL!) which HD channels have the best picture quality? I have the movie channels but not sports.ÿ

ÿ

Cheers everyone!ÿ

Lost on Sky One HD is the best picture without question.

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
...Not sure if it has the best pic quality but check out FX HD's showings of Generation Kill ..not only shown in HD but in true Dolby Digital as well (turn it up when the bullets start to fly!)

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
It's tricky to recommend a channel, as the content on each can vary a fair bit. On average, I'd say Discovery HD seems best overall to me, but I've also seen comments from people who believe that Luxe or Sky Arts are best.

The particular programme that I often see people raving about is Aquariavison on Sky Arts, which makes your TV a great big HD fish tank
emotion-1.gif

A lot of the content on Anytime looks good to me, although that may take a day or two to appear on your box.

Enjoy your new toy!

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
I'd certainly go along with those who say Luxe HD is the best quality image. But it appears to be filmed purely to show off HD to it's best advantage. Lingering brightly lit shots with no sudden panning movements to cause motion problems. The programmes are not that interesting, but if you want to spend some time gazing at beautiful HD panoramas and expensive hotel suites then it's the channel for you.
emotion-1.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
tvmog:But it appears to be filmed purely to show off HD to it's best advantage. Lingering brightly lit shots with no sudden panning movements to cause motion problems. The programmes are not that interesting, but if you want to spend some time gazing at beautiful HD panoramas and expensive hotel suites then it's the channel for you.
emotion-1.gif

In other words, just like the demo material most TV manufacturers have looping on their screens at trade shows!

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
tvmog:I'd certainly go along with those who say Luxe HD is the best quality image. But it appears to be filmed purely to show off HD to it's best advantage. Lingering brightly lit shots with no sudden panning movements to cause motion problems. The programmes are not that interesting, but if you want to spend some time gazing at beautiful HD panoramas and expensive hotel suites then it's the channel for you.
emotion-1.gif

Ha ha. That is very true - it looks great but is completely pointless.

nickers1969

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
MTV HD is awesome for picutre and sound - the videos (being short) tend to filmed quite expensively - i.e the top of the range HD cameras or even good old fashioned film!
The sound is tremendous!!

TRENDING THREADS