Darn! They've disabled the EQ on Amazon music HD!

robdmarsh

This sounds kind of stupid, but the EQ in the Amazon music app, a very basic one, was something I liked and quite often used. Mostly completely flat is fine, but occasionally I liked to tweak and because the EQ was in the app I think it worked well. I spoke to Amazon and nobody could tell me why they took it away. I suppose a one point five trillion company has reasons of its own to do such things and no single mere mortal employee is going to be able to explain why they or "it" went with such a move.

Anyway, so I'm trying Android EQ apps and the best one that's been reviewed does weird stuff and doesn't function quite right. Anyone use any good EQ apps on Android? Honestly, it makes me think I might have to get a streamer after all, having told everyone and his dog "you don't need a streamer!". Awww.... shukks!

SteveR750

I didn't even know it had one. I use the DSP in Roon for room and headphone EQ, otherwise I'd not use it. If you use a Bluetooth connection, you could use the Android app UAPP with the PEQ plug in, which is easy to use and is done in a 64 bit environment.

robdmarsh

I didn't even know it had one. I use the DSP in Roon for room and headphone EQ, otherwise I'd not use it. If you use a Bluetooth connection, you could use the Android app UAPP with the PEQ plug in, which is easy to use and is done in a 64 bit environment.
Thanks for your reply. It did have one but not anymore. I'm trying the Music Volume EQ app for Android and it doesn't work properly. That's the problem with third party apps.
So the name of the app you're suggesting is UAPP?

SteveR750

Thanks for your reply. It did have one but not anymore. I'm trying the Music Volume EQ app for Android and it doesn't work properly. That's the problem with third party apps.
So the name of the app you're suggesting is UAPP?
Search for usb audio player Pro. It's not free, and you have to pay extra for the PEQ, but it's not an afterthought. There's also me info on the devs website that's useful. I'd check though that it works on BT! I only use for headphone listening, so it might only work for that output. I'm trying to recall if it works in my car via bt, it definitely does using android auto.

robdmarsh

Thanks. I'm currently trying out an app called Poweramp. Has quite a lot of layers and settings and when you launch it there's quite a lot of blurb about enabling and disabling absolute volume control in Android developer settings, which I didn't really understand. App looks pretty fully featured and has a nice look about it but I think it'll take some reading up on it to get the hang of it.

robdmarsh

Anybody know anything about Absolute Volume Control in Android and what it means for trying to use an EQ app when bluetooth streaming? There's an awful lot of blah blah with this app but it's for techies and app developers methinks. But those using these kind of apps have to get some kind of handle on it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts