Which DAC ?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

record_spot

The DAC I have sold was the roksan k3.I would have bought the elements weeks ago if the seller hadn't sent it on a world tour .As for the njc I do like the idea of UK hand built I'm also a fan of arcaydis speaker I own to sets .I have sent a email of enquiry to njc so I haven't committed just yet.

Great DAC. I had one a couple of years ago - Roksan were selling them off cheap (got mine for £399). I think they slightly missed the boat - their K3 CD player had all the DAC capabities and in the end I think Roksan (or the dealers) heavily discounted them. I'd planned to use mine for playing files off my laptop, but in the end, never did. Opted to get rid of it and sent it off to Ebay. Pretty much made my money back again. Lovely DAC though, and terrific build.

aversaurus

The problem with it is the Leema interface.
It's not fit for purpose I rolled round with it for 3 hours trying to get anything out of it and had started a eBay return convinced it was broken.
The instructions from Leema are poor when it comes to the set up.
Unlike most DAC,s I've had it's far from plug and play and has some odd quirks.

The problem with it is the Leema interface.
It's not fit for purpose I rolled round with it for 3 hours trying to get anything out of it and had started a eBay return convinced it was broken.
The instructions from Leema are poor when it comes to the set up.
Unlike most DAC,s I've had it's far from plug and play and has some odd quirks.
Just how much set-up can you possibly do on a DAC??

Reactions: WayneKerr

aversaurus

First impressions of the Leema DAC . interface terrible.the way it connects through coax strange.
The way you can alter the output to amp volume odd.
The way the usb works and the way it likes it's own drivers but how do you do that with a streamer .
All in all its far from easy.

aversaurus

When you plug in your cd player streamer pc it knows there a connection but doesn't play .
This stumped me for a while even the instructions don't give you a clue .
There's a option to rename each connection if you go into this setting and into each of you inputs even if you don't change the name of the input it enables the input .you then have to stop play then restart play and bingo that's one input set.
Then you adjust the volume.

When you plug in your cd player streamer pc it knows there a connection but doesn't play .
This stumped me for a while even the instructions don't give you a clue .
There's a option to rename each connection if you go into this setting and into each of you inputs even if you don't change the name of the input it enables the input .you then have to stop play then restart play and bingo that's one input set.
Then you adjust the volume.
Have you got it sussed yet?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts