Question Which DAC should I get?

thewilder

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I've just recently joined and would like to ask the very question above. I'm reading the top lists on multiple sites, and they mostly similar; Mojo, Benchmark, Schitt, Chord, etc. While I'm already half-decided, since it's not a short term purchase, I'd like your suggestions as well. My setup is:

-Edifier S730 2.1 with original speakers and sub
-Regular PC with onboard crappy audio

My sub is already decoupled from the floor in order not to trouble the neighbours.
My budget is under $500.
I prefer tight bass.

If perhaps there is a very good model just above my budget kicking some serious rears over the cheap ones, I'm willing to pay more, so I'm flexible with that.

Thanks in advance!

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
If it was up to me, I'd pick up a Behringer UMC202HD. I've measured mine and it's totally linear in the audio range, with a -3dB point of about 5Hz. Distortion is vanishingly low, too - it's intended for studio use.
Once you've got one of those, you could use it with a measurement mic and run some sweeps so you can optimise your system properly.

I can talk you through that if you like.

Chris

Reactions: thewilder

thewilder

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Yes, there are some Mojo and Qutest models flying on Ebay, so I'm definitely checking the prices on those.

Well, basically my system sitting in the center of my room. I don't know, if that's the best way around it or not though.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a Mojo, and suggest you try and demo one. When it was first released, there were many posts about guys visiting dealers for a demo, but not expecting in advance to buy one. Virtually everyone posted back that once they heard the Mojo, it was no contest to buy one on the spot.

Reactions: thewilder

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts