Which DAC for Setup?

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys,

Im looking to add a DAC to my set up.....this will sit between my Netbook and Amps.

Main criteria is it must have USB connection (not to bothered about other inputs) and it must accept at least up to 24 / 96kHz. Ideally I just want a pure DAC rather than a DAC and Headphone Amp (As I already have an MF X-Can V2 which I'm very happy with).

So far I have got Arcam rDac and HRT Music Streamer II on the list, I'm also potentially thinking of the Schiit Bitfrost (imported from America)

Budget is probably up to £350 Max.

JonnyD

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Might be worth having a look at the Beresford range of DAC's. I don't have the USB model, I have the older 7510, but it sounds brilliant and very good personal service from the owner of the company too.

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/products/products.html

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
JonnyD said:
Might be worth having a look at the Beresford range of DAC's. I don't have the USB model, I have the older 7510, but it sounds brilliant and very good personal service from the owner of the company too.

http://www.homehifiers.co.uk/products/products.html

Cheers but the Beresford are a combined DAC and HP AMP and I don't want the latter. I have an excellent HP AMp and would rather get a purely dedicated DAC.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
So I was speaking to a dealer today who is very much more into PC based music (as I am for a main source) and he has offered to send out a HRT Music Streamer II+, Wyred4Sound MicroDAC and also a JKDAC32. The last one of these is supposed to be brilliant and hard to get from most main dealers.....bu I am expecting great things from it as it also does 24/192 over USB.

Should be in for a good weekend of listening and trialing :)

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Jason36 said:
So I was speaking to a dealer today who is very much more into PC based music (as I am for a main source) and he has offered to send out a HRT Music Streamer II+, Wyred4Sound MicroDAC and also a JKDAC32. The last one of these is supposed to be brilliant and hard to get from most main dealers.....bu I am expecting great things from it as it also does 24/192 over USB.

Oh wow, so jealous! Have a great weekend with the toys :). Sounds like a cool and unusual dealer, do you mind if I ask which one and where?

A

Anonymous

Do report in with your findings please....
smiley-wink.gif

A

Anonymous

Jason36 said:

Hi Jason,

John Kenny here, the person behind the JKDAC32.

I just saw this post & wondered what dealer you were talking to? Please PM me (if that can be done?) with the info as this is better kept off-line!

A

Anonymous

John Duncan said:
No PM facility, John, but I can share email details if you both agree.

I have no problem sharing emails - how do we do this?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts