Which DAC converter?

spoonthumb

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello all. I have just read the review on the new Denon Piccolo micro system. It sounds too good to be true but maybe I am not understanding it right. As a lot of my music is digitised I have been trying to figure out which option is best with my limited budget for converting my music from my PC, external hard drives and USB memory sticks etc. So my question is, would i be OK using the Denon as my DAC or should i go for an outright DAC converter such as the ADL GT40 or the Dragonfly?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
spoonthumb said:
Hello all. I have just read the review on the new Denon Piccolo micro system. It sounds too good to be true but maybe I am not understanding it right. As a lot of my music is digitised I have been trying to figure out which option is best with my limited budget for converting my music from my PC, external hard drives and USB memory sticks etc. So my question is, would i be OK using the Denon as my DAC or should i go for an outright DAC converter such as the ADL GT40 or the Dragonfly?

What equipment do you currently have and what do you want to achieve? Looking at the Dragonfly, your budget is at least £200+

spoonthumb

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I have most of my music on external hard drives and mostly listen to music on headphones (Grado sr80i) straight from my PC, otherwise i play through a Cambridge A5 amplifier into Mordaunt Short 902i's. Not the latest in hi fidelity but it's what i have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts