which CD player for Yamaha a-s500 and BX5 set up

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi have demoed the marantz cd6003 and cd-s300 with this combination and felt that the Marantz gave a better balanced sound slightly on the warm side that I liked. Is there any other CD players that I should demo with this combination that may give me a better result or would it be a case that the marantz would be the ideal player?

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Might be a stretch at the moment but can always give it an auditon and see if I feel it is worth the investment. Which NAD CD player is that you are referring to cno?

emcc_3 said:
would the arcam be a much warmer presentation than the Marantz?

TBH, really don't know - haven't heard the latest Marantz incarnations. There's an awful lot of myths about Arcam gear, especially on this forum.

Arcam stuff is warm? Yes their CDPs have a slight warm edge to them. Paired with the right speakers and amp, however, they can sound wonderful.

Arcam's strength is their treble and midrange. Their weakness (Alpha and DIVA range in particular) or achilles heel used to be the bass. Far from bad, they could be slightly sluggish, and as a consequence, they don't grab you by the throat and say: "Hear's Jonny!" They are a slow burning product and which means they are deemed as not great with rock. That's rubbish in my book...

Audition the CD17 and make up your own mind. The bass has been improved on my CD73 and has better clarity than the old DIVA range.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts