Which AV Receiver?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a budget of £2k looking to upgrade my Onkyo 875 and we all know you can read reviews anywhere on the web, but i was looking for an intellectual, knowledge based, accurate assessment i have a 5.1 set up with Tannoy F1 Mercury Customs, Pioneer KRP500A Panel, Pioneer BDP-LX54 Bluray,Sky HD etc. Ok i'll be honest i'm in a quandry between Pioneer SC-LX83 or Onkyo 5008. Does anyone have experience of either receiver.

Many Thanks

David

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
No direct experience of the Pioneer although I do own it's predecessor the '82 which is truly excellent. I think with your tv and BD player the Pioneer would be an obvious choice...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I agree that the SCLX83 would be an obvious choice given your Bluray player and plasma. Although, if you're going to stick with your F1 Customs, the LX83 is going to be a little bit overkill. An SCLX73, or even the VSX2020 will be fine with the F1's, but if you are going to look at upgrading your speakers sometims in the future, then tha SCLX83 comes hghly recommended.

Again, the same with the Onkyo - the 5008 will be ovekill, whereas your current 875 is ideal.

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:No direct experience of the Pioneer although I do own it's predecessor the '82 which is truly excellent. I think with your tv and BD player the Pioneer would be an obvious choice...

+1
emotion-21.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:

I agree that the SCLX83 would be an obvious choice given your Bluray player and plasma. Although, if you're going to stick with your F1 Customs, the LX83 is going to be a little bit overkill. An SCLX73, or even the VSX2020 will be fine with the F1's, but if you are going to look at upgrading your speakers sometims in the future, then tha SCLX83 comes hghly recommended.

Again, the same with the Onkyo - the 5008 will be ovekill, whereas your current 875 is ideal.

+1
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts