New AV receiver for my Tannoy Revolution Signatures...

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
OK, so my Pioneer SC-LX85 receiver is on its last legs. It keeps switching into safe mode meaning I need to go through a precedure to get the thing back on. So I am looking to buy a new amp...I needed one anyway because I now have a 4K TV and will want sky Q before long. (MY SPEAKERS ARE TANNOY REVOUTION SINATURE DC-6T,DC6 Centre, DC4 Rear

I have my eve on the Yamaha RX-A3060 and wondered if you all think this is the right choice for my speakers / If you think my sepakers are up to getting the best out of this amp ? I apriciate this will be a diferent sound to the Pioneers Class D amps but I think perhaps a more laid back sound would match my Tannoys better...?

FInally is music listening good on the Yamaha ? This is an important aspect to me.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, the Yamaha RX-A3060 would make an excellent choice with your Tannoy speakers, and it's certainly one of the better AV amps for music playback. The 'Pure Audio' setting helps in that it switches off all unnecessary audio circuitry for a clearer, more detailed sound.

F

FunkyMonkey

Worth waiting maybe a few months for this year's models to come out I reckon if you can wait as your pioneer is still semi functional.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Is there a reason for waiting ? Is there a significant jump in tech for this years models which last years medels are lacking ?

I made this mistake last time as I spent 2 grand on an amp and the following year all the 4K models came out!!

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
There will always be something lurking to try and pursuade us to buy new models yet again.
That having been said, this year's batch of receivers all seem to be fully 4K, HDCP2.2, HDR and BT2020 compatible, so certainly not the same risks as in 2015, for example.
I don't see 8K hitting the UK any time soon due to bandwidth limits, so the only things i see compatibility issues with are Dolby Vision and / or other HDR variations, if they ever take off, and unless your TV is compatible as well, or unless you want to change your TV as well, I don't see any benefit in waiting to see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts