Which AV receiever around the GBP1000 mark for my MA Apex system? HELP!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I was fortunate enough to buy the MA Apex system as part of my first surround sound package partnered with a Denon 2311. However after a few days of listening to it, even after having demoed it, i feel that the Apex deserves a better partner. I will be using this system for both music and movies with a 5.1 set up and i some what do care about the amp being 3D ready.

I have bought the 2311 for GBP 529, and the dealer said i was welcome to trade it for a better amp but paying the uplift ofc. The other choice was a Denon 3311 at GBP949. However i am welcome to other amps around the GBP 1000 mark. Also, would it be worth paying the extra GBP 420 to get the 3311? Is there much of a difference to the untrained ear?

Your thoughts and opinions would be of great help!

Hi Delboi47

The AVR3311 is certainly a better amplifer and will help squeeze even more performance from the Apex speakers. Other amplification to also consider is Yamaha's RX-V2067 and if your budget allows the truly superb RX-V3067. The RX-V3067 and Apex speakers are an excellent match
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

I was just about to post what Rick has just posted.

I would recommend you to demo these receivers:

1) Yamaha RX-V3067

2) Yamaha RX-V2067

3) Denon AVR-3311

4) Denon AVR-4310 (if you can stretch your budget a little bit).

And yes, you should hear a superior performance over your Denon 2311. Demo them & see what you think.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick replies.

The 4310/11 is a bit out of my budget. However the yamaha rx 3067 and denon 3311 is well within it. The Rx 3067 goes for about £1099 where as the Denon 3311 goes for £949. Which in both of your opinions give a better overall movie and music quality?

The Yamaha RX-V3067 is more in the league of the Denon AVR-4311. Denon AVR-3311 & Yamaha RX-V2067 are in the same league. The 3067 will be superior to the 3311. But demo them to see if you can appreciate the difference before you shell out the extra 150 quid.

A

Anonymous

Thanks alot=)

I'll demo them tommorow and i'll let you guys know what one i'll end up going home with ;)

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Delboi47:
Thanks alot=)

I'll demo them tommorow and i'll let you guys know what one i'll end up going home with ;)

Do not discount the Pioneer SC-LX72 / SC-LX82 which can be had for very good deals as well.

Ronald Archiebald: Do not discount the Pioneer SC-LX72 / SC-LX82 which can be had for very good deals as well.

It will have to be more like Pioneer VSX-LX53 as the OP wants the amp to be 3D ready.

Delboi47: i some what do care about the amp being 3D ready.

I can't comment on Pioneer receivers with the Apex system. I was disappointed by its performance with my Radius HD.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Delboi47,

I have the Apex and use the 3310. Fantastic combination. I listen to as much if not more music than movies.

Huge difference over 2310.

If you can stretch to a 4310/11 even better.

Cant comment o Yamaha as not heard them.

Good luck

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
bigboss:
Ronald Archiebald: Do not discount the Pioneer SC-LX72 / SC-LX82 which can be had for very good deals as well.

It will have to be more like Pioneer VSX-LX53 as the OP wants the amp to be 3D ready.

Right, missed that bit out. Thx for pointing that out.

A

Anonymous

Does any 1 know how the Pioneer lx 53 stacks up to the Yamaha 3067? or are they in two different leagues ?

Delboi47:Does any 1 know how the Pioneer lx 53 stacks up to the Yamaha 3067? or are they in two different leagues ?

Hi Delboi47

As good as the LX53 is the RX-V3067 is superior and importantly forms an excellent tonal match with the Apex speakers. RX-V3067/Apex is a combination which can be listened to for hours without fatigue be it with movies or music.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Delboi47:Does any 1 know how the Pioneer lx 53 stacks up to the Yamaha 3067? or are they in two different leagues ?

The RXV3067 is more in line with the SCLX73. Which would sound better would depend on the speakers being used, and what sort of sound the user wants to achieve.

michael hoy

bigboss:
I can't comment on Pioneer receivers with the Apex system. I was disappointed by its performance with my Radius HD.

My Apex sound great through my Pioneer SC-LX72, I have had Denon in the past and would use either of the Denon or Pioneer.

Have a demo if possible of the denon and Pioneer side by side.

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:MUSICRAFT:
As good as the LX53 is the RX-V3067 is superior

Read the latest issue and you will see that it is the LX-53 that is the superior amp!

I suppose it's all opinion, just because the reviewer thinks the LX53 is the best around for it's price category, does that mean it is? Because a reputable HIFI dealer has the opinion that the RXV3067 is superior, does that mean it is?

As far as I'm concerned all this means, if I where looking in this range, is that these two machines must be excellent, so I will listen to both and decide which one I prefer, as I'm the one who has to listen to it!

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies. In the end i went for the Denon 3311=) got it for GBP 899 and so was 200 cheaper than the yamaha. To my knowledge, inorder to connect my ipod to the amp, i would've had to shell out even more to get an ipod doc for the Yamaha? correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyways, I did demo the yamaha 3037 and it was a mighty good amp. I tried to get some advice from the dealer but he was a "Denon man", any advice from him would've been biased ofcourse, but he proved to be right so far. I've hooked it up and i must say- it's pretty good. I'm hoping it gets even better when it's run in a bit more.

After all the money spent.. i just can't help but think that there is a better amp for the Apex package to get the most out of it, whether it be a Denon AVR A1 or even the Pio lx 83. I just don't have the money for it ;)

A

Anonymous

Im sure you will be very happy with the decision you've made, I wish you many happy hours with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts