which amp and cd for monitor audio br2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I just have bought these good br2,and want to upgrade my old amp/cd marantz.

People talk about rotel 4+ cambridge 640, but too expensive for me. i think about nad c525 + amp c325bee or azur 540cv2 + amp cambridge azur 540v2

what do you think?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have the same speakers as you, but went for the CA 640 V2 amp and V2 Cd player. I went to richer sounds and asked them if they had any demo ones, got both of them for £400, bit of a bargin!!

I would walk in with your cash and do the same, as they sound great together.

Make sure you have some good stands for the speakers, then they sing....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advices.(excuse my bad english from switzerland...)

Do you think marantz sound better than cambridge a640+c640 with monitor audio br2? I listen especially jazz and classical,sometimes pop(ks choice,corrs..) My room is little(less than 20 m2)

I like cambridge but I'm a little afraid of what i read on the forum about the "balance problem" in cambridge(especially the 540? not the 640?)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="oblon"]
Thanks for your advices.(excuse my bad english from switzerland...)

Do you think marantz sound better than cambridge a640+c640 with monitor audio br2? I listen especially jazz and classical,sometimes pop(ks choice,corrs..) My room is little(less than 20 m2)

I like cambridge but I'm a little afraid of what i read on the forum about the "balance problem" in cambridge(especially the 540? not the 640?)

[/quote]

Yes, I do believe the Marantz provides better sound quality than the Cambridge. The problem with Cambridge audio equipment, is that it tends to sound quite lean and dry - something that even without harsh treble can cause 'listening fatigue'. The Marantz equipment is superb, especially when you consider the brilliant price-tag Claire mentioned. Obviously, you may like the Cambridge's sound, however the Marantz rarely offends and thus without a demo it is the best option. Oh, and I think it looks better!

A little photo I took at the Bristol Hi-Fi show 2008...both the Marantz boxes.

2286849692_dfe6724933.jpg

A

Anonymous

Don't you think the marantz kit(6002amp and cd) give less details and opening with classical music than the cambridge kit(640a+640c) ? Marantz kit isn't more adapted to rock music...?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts