Which 50+ TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Right, so I am sending my Panasonic 55VT30 back and I am now going to need a new TV. I just couldn't get on with the Fan noise/buzzing, 50hz bug, Posterization and motion dithering, amongst others. What are my options? I am thinking about either the Samsung PS59D6900, PS51D8000, LG 55980T or the Song 55HX923 (I have previously had the Samsung UE55D8000 so thats possibly out).

Man this is really hard, so any advice would be great :wave: All have their benifits and their negatives so fire away...

Gaz

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Can't say anything about the others, but have found my 59D6900 to be faultless and an absolute steal for the money (and found the recent What Hi-Fi review a touch on the harsh side).

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with the buzzing too, since 2 or 3 days, with my Panasonic G30. I try to dampen the sound with a cloth mounted on a piece of board, behind the tv, against the wall (not visible). I have my tv on the stand so there is 20 cm of space behind it. It seems to reduce the sound that resonates between the wall and the back of the tv. Of course this cures the sympthom only, of an annoying minus it should not have in the 1st place.

I think it is worth this because otherwise i am very staisfied with PQ and i am further not annoyed by fan-noise. I hope it does not get worse. I have my tv 1 week now.

My point is: every tv has plus and minus. I hope i do not have to change mine for another one.

Good luck!

Sony 923 series TVs had a lot of quality control issues. I'm not sure if that has been sorted with the newer batches.

I would give LG a serious consideration. Their LED-lit LCD TVs use passive 3D technology, so even the polarised glasses used in cinemas work. I found them to be the most comfortable when watching 3D. Besides, they don't run on batteries which can drain, & you won't get a heartburn if your kids break it (they're cheap to replace). Every LG TV comes with 7 pairs of glasses I think.

Rethep said:
I have a problem with the buzzing too, since 2 or 3 days, with my Panasonic G30. I try to dampen the sound with a cloth mounted on a piece of board, behind the tv, against the wall (not visible). I have my tv on the stand so there is 20 cm of space behind it. It seems to reduce the sound that resonates between the wall and the back of the tv. Of course this cures the sympthom only, of an annoying minus it should not have in the 1st place.

I think it is worth this because otherwise i am very staisfied with PQ and i am further not annoyed by fan-noise. I hope it does not get worse. I have my tv 1 week now.

My point is: every tv has plus and minus. I hope i do not have to change mine for another one.

Good luck!

Inform your dealer about the unacceptable buzz as soon as possible. This buzzing seems excessively loud to me. If you delay, then they won't replace your TV with another one, but simply try to get it repaired, which will be a pain to sort.

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
gaz i am in the same boat as you i really am considering the 55hx923 but with new tech coming i think we should wait i.e toshibas new 55-inch is going to have higher resolution than standard sets so could be worth considering?

tvspecv said:
gaz i am in the same boat as you i really am considering the 55hx923 but with new tech coming i think we should wait i.e toshibas new 55-inch is going to have higher resolution than standard sets so could be worth considering?

What's the point of having a 4K2K resolution when nothing in the market currently supports it? Higher resolution is alone not enough. Toshiba's sets in the past have had other problems which prevented it from competing with the very best.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
well i think the main reason the toshiba has the extra resolution is to be able to offer full hd glasses free 3d.. im not even sure if it does fill hd 3d.. but basically thats the reason for the 4k resolution..

A

Anonymous

Jammoe said:
Can't say anything about the others, but have found my 59D6900 to be faultless and an absolute steal for the money (and found the recent What Hi-Fi review a touch on the harsh side).

I've not seen the review, what months magazine was it on and can I access it online if it's been and gone?

I find reviews strange as the recent 55VT30 review said it had no issues but there are lots. Great TV otherwise but I can live with the Various faults

A

Anonymous

I think I am leaning towards the 59D6900. It would save me over a grand on the price I paid on the VT30, give me an extra 4 inches of screen size and I an save the money I have on a 2012 set.

I do like the look of the LG but it's got further delays and after my previous two experiance I really want to buy something established with owner reviews.

A

Anonymous

I briefly saw a UE55C9000 today and it seemed rather impressive, but it was only a quick look. How is this model compared to the UE55D8000

A

Anonymous

I've wittled my list down to the following 4 what do you guys think?

LG LW980T
Samsung PN59D8000
Samsung PN51D8000
(i'd prefer the 64" but my wife won't accept it)
Sony 55HX923

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts