Which 4K discs if there are any have been shot in the max 4K resolution?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Are we still waiting for them to get better, or are the latest ones the best it will get? Which have been shot in real 4K and at the max resolution? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

Can we put a sticky on this thread please? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Not much choice in real 4K for the latest films is there?!
Nope, there isn't! I have made a short list of what I am buying including:

The Da Vinci Code

Batman Vs Superman

Lucy and Chappie.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
They used to be labelled AAD, ADD, or DDD depending on how they were recorded.

Surely there should be a similar scheme for all DVDs, BDs, etc., covering both the native media format (including "F" for film), the remastered format, and the sound format.

So you could, for example, have F2DD meaning "real flim, 2K (i.e. 1080), Dolby Digital"

or "44DA" meaning "shot in 4K digital, presented in 4K digital, with Dolby Atmos sound".

But then, the movie studios wouldn't be able to con us so easily into buying an upscaled, non Atmos, no better really than a VHS, UHD-BD would they?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've decided not to buy a 4K BDP, or any 4K discs to put into it, until at least the new year, when, hopefully:

(1) there will be some movies worth buying - sorry, I'm not a fan of "Spiderman vs The Creature From The Black Lagoon" type stuff and all those CGI special effects just don't cut it for me;

(2) there is some clear distinction between re-released upscaled old stuff (like the original "Ghostbusters" trilogy probably upscaled from an old VHS someone found at a car boot sale) or new stuff just upscaled from 1080p (like the Star Treks), and genuine new stuff either shot with 4K (or 8K) digital cameras or scanned into native 4k (or 8k) from the original celluloid;

(3) labelling on the packages becomes clearer so we know we're not being ripped off.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
Are we still waiting for them to get better, or are the latest ones the best it will get? Which have been shot in real 4K and at the max resolution? Cheers.

buying films with only 4k master's is pointless, and stupid. what if a film came out you loved but had a 2k DI, would you not buy it?

there's loads of films that look amazing with 2k masters, the shallows is one of the best, tmnt 2 is great.

x men apocalypse and lucy are the 2 best looking discs i have now seen after watching well over 10 discs. ghostbusters (2016) looks great for a 2k master. just look for reviews on sites like bluray.com, whysoblu and avforums. then you will find 2k mastered films with good picture quality.

my next purchases will be hunger games mj part 2, the secret life of pets (which is meant to be reference quality for a 2k upscale animated film..) pacific rim 2k master also in top 3

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Video showing difference in UHD vs Blu Ray Pacific Rim - you need to skip back and fourth to cross reference but its still a good video as it does show the difference

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts