Which € 1000,- starter set up is best?

Hi there music friends,

I'm a newbee in LP land, just bought my first records but... I don't have a turntable yet. In fact, so far I don't have anything except my laptop and ipod for playing music and so I need to purchase a complete audio set up.

I've looked around at forums and shops and found these set ups for around €1000,-. I guess my most important two questions are: 1 - ARGON TT 2 Turntable or a Pro-Ject one (and if so, which?). 2 - Marrantz amplifier or NAD versus Denon?

Any advice/suggestions/experience?

These are my picks so far:

wharfedale diamond 220 zwart

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC (or Pro-Ject Debut III?)

YAMAHA A-S301 zwart

Marantz PM5005 Amplifier

Bose 301 Series V Luidsprekers

Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 Genie 2M-Red

Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable

Marantz PM5004 Integrated Stereo Amplifier

Polk Audio RTI A1 Bookshelf Speakers

NAD D3020 HG Black amp

DALI ZENSOR3 HG

ARGON TT 2 Turntable (or Project?)

CAMBR CP1 Black RIAA pre-amp

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, the Argon is a rebranded ProJect Essential. I think RPM 1.3 will be better since it has the 2M Red in stead of the OM5e. As for speakers and amp, I would suggest you stay away from Bose since I find them quite overpriced, and go and have a listen at the store to which combination of amp and speakers you prefer. Do keep in mind that the sound of the speakers can be a little different at your home, because of the acoustics.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I think starting a record collection now is probably more difficult than before, I would put the 1000 into digital music, simply because it is more common now. Different when you have a collection built up over years.

How about a Rega planar 1, an onkyo a9010, q acoustics 3020, stands, cables and a cambridge audio dac magic 100, sorted for vinyl, a dac to allow you plug your laptop in and get hifi sound and even add a cheap dvd player with digital out as a transport for cds,and likely still change from 1000 if you play your cards right

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts