WHF - You Have To Test This!!!

T

the record spot

Apologies if this has been discussed before and I know WHFS&V doesn't normally buy stuff in, except on rare occasions, but holy cow, you have to cough up the readies on this one.

The Nespra Pro & CD Finaliser. Apparently, for £600, this device disperses the gases trapped in CDs or DVDs during the manufacturing process and thereby making them sound better. Or something.

I won't post the link, but this company is famous for producing hi-fi accessories. Some might need more of a straight face than others at the marketing stage I guess. This might be one of them.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Ahem.

Straight face?

emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

For the same price as a plasma telly or a decent av reciever, wow! what a bargain!

A

Anonymous

I'll have to get one tomrrow!
emotion-3.gif

Think my car has xenon bulbs though so i'll try flashing cds with that first...
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

available on 14 day sale or return, so who's going to try it.

A

Anonymous

Nearly as good as those little bags of sonic sand you place on your speaker cable for some stupid sum.

A

Anonymous

It uses Xenon lights???

I'll treat all your discs for half the price using my new improved auto-electrical light emitting system - my cars headlights.........

A

Anonymous

Or if that's stretching the budget too much, perhaps WHF would considering shelling out £5 to test this.

78finn

May 8, 2009
Visit site
This product is basically a complete and utter load of rubbish!!!!! I'm an industrial designer by trade and all this company is doing is speeding up a process that occurs to most manufactured plastics naturally over time.
Many plastics take about a couple of weeks to completely stabilize i.e. before they become dimensionally stable. A way of speeding up this process is to subject the plastics to heat or light. So in layman's terms the plastic is baked in a low oven or subjected to a very bright light/laser. For instance when I get a plastic prototype part for a product I have been...I literally leave it in a low oven for few nights to speed up this process - that way we can check the product for fitment etc etc etc. I won't bore everyone with the details. This is really important when you are fusing two different materials i.e. metals & plastics..........CD's!!!
But that is all this product is claiming to do. As this happens to all plastics naturally over time...I don't see the point in spending the cash??? By the time you have bought a CD the plastics/chemicals present will have already stabilised. As for dispersing the gasses etc. This also happens naturally. So yeah...I would advise to leave this product well alone. It's basically just a spin for something that occurs naturally to all plastics over the space of a month or less. As for improving sound quality....ha...I VERY much doubt that. When you get your CD it is dimensional stable. By subjecting it to heat and light in this way - well I don't think it's a good idea at all.
One thing I have heard as well (but can neither confirm nor deny), is that if you leave a CD in the freezer over night and then play it...it is supposed to play better as well. I suspect this is also cobblers though. At the end of the day your laser is still readying the same unaltered signal from your CD.
So, does anyone actually own one of these units?? I would be very interested to see some technical data on this product to actually see what they are claiming to "improve"....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts