WHF ultimate guide-typing error

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
On page 19 you have written a review of the ruark talisman 111's, but under the title, and pic of a pair of quad els 2095's. can you clarify which is whih pleeze?Ta;-)

A

Anonymous

clivej:On page 19 you have written a review of the ruark talisman 111's, but under the title, and pic of a pair of quad els 2095's. can you clarify which is whih pleeze?Ta;-)

err.thats page 119! DOH

A

Anonymous

Surely not Andrew WHF editor, after the spellcheck and grammer police including yourself picked me up last night for my prose !!

Well well well...............................................

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm neither the Editor of WHF nor that of The Ultimate Guides.

I am, however, getting somewhat tested by your confrontational attitude.

Oh, and it's 'grammar' and I'm not sure I'd flatter it with the use of the term 'prose'.

A

Anonymous

Craig M.:this one is full of errors. one of the amps is stated as being 78 cm tall.

Fitting that in your rack would be a tall order...
Still, you'd expect it to have plenty of headroom...
etc etc until someone kills me...

A

Anonymous

Of course, you're quite right. The picture and price refer to the Quads, the text to the Ruarks. Should have been spotted, but it wasn't. My apologies.

A

Anonymous

No problem. Nice system, by the way. How's your 508 behaving? Mine went flaky after a few years. Have you upgraded it to 24-bit spec?

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy,

The 508 its still going ok- didnt upgrade it to 24-bit as cash wasnt to hand at the time. Funnily enough, i was at a dealers a few weeks ago and we broached the very subject of upgrading to 24 bit- or listening to a new machine. He suggested listening to a new machine as it is 14 years old and even upgrading may not benefit....ATM the speakers and speaker cable are the weak link, so ultimatelythey will be going. Listening to the monitor audio GS60's on wednesday, and the new kudos C20's in a couple of weeks.....

A

Anonymous

I'd agree: having come this far with your 508 it'd be better to switch to a new player when the time comes. It'll be interesting to see how you get on with those speaker choices: I reckon the Monitor Audios might edge it.

A

Anonymous

Andy Kerr:I'd agree: having come this far with your 508 it'd be better to switch to a new player when the time comes. It'll be interesting to see how you get on with those speaker choices: I reckon the Monitor Audios might edge it.
Yeah, I think so too. Its getting so close to the home demo stage now and i think its going to be a toss up between spendor s8es proac response di8s and the gs60s at the moment. but ill wait until the kudos c20s have been run in before i make a decision;-)

P.S wasthinking of chord epic supertwin for cable....

TRENDING THREADS