WHF CD Reviews on website

Si Conaugt

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Apologies if this has been covered before, I couldn't see anything in a cursory search so here goes...I would really like to see WHF CD reviews from the mag included on the website. Its interesting to read reviews from a different perspective to the usual music mags - less of an axe to grind about what the yoof might like apart from anything. I often look back through my copies of WHF just for the CD reviews and would love to have the convenience of using the internet instead. Might bring in a few new readers too!

John Duncan

Not a bad idea, but wouldn't it be quite short (with only one or two in every issues)? And aren't they generally reviewed from a sound quality perspective as opposed to whether the music's any good or not?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I think it's a great idea, doesn't really matter if the reviews are short, could even include a Spotify link to the playlist for the tracks that were used in product tests.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
It's certainly an idea, and I will strive to discuss it with Mr Online Editor Clough when he's not elsewhere being busy and important.

I reckon the reviews are currently split around 50/50 between the sound and the quality of the songs, JD. Of course, they could even be a bit longer online (although, now I come to think about it, probably best not to run before we can walk).

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I've always got time to talk to you Simon
smiley-tongue-out.gif
Seriously, though, if this is something users would like then I'm more than happy to consider putting the reviews online, maybe in the form of a blog once a month.

Sliced Bread

John Duncan said:
And aren't they generally reviewed from a sound quality perspective as opposed to whether the music's any good or not?

I actually prefer this as musical taste is so personal. I just like to know if a recording is any good and I will judge the music for myself.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I think its a great idea and just to give you more food for thought (and potentially more work) - why not do the same for the movie reviews too.

I always enjoy that part of the mag - even if I dont always agree with the ratings of music.

It also broadens my horizons by introducing me to music and movies that i might not usually contemplate.

Si Conaugt

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks! I didn't expect anything to happen this quickly if at all!! Does this moment call for an emoticon? Probably not but here goes anyway :rockout: :dance: :read:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts