Where do I put my Canton DM50?

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I've ordered a Canton DM50 which should arrive in the next day or two. The Samsung 40" TV has four splayed legs and sits on top of a three glass plate shelf unit. On the second shelf is a Sony blu-ray player with a TalkTalk YouView box on top of it.. The bottom glass plate which is empty sits on the carpet. I cannot put the DM50 on the top shelf under the TV because the TV legs are too wide apart.

I am thinking of putting the DM50 on the second shelf under the blu-ray player but am wondering whether there would be a problem of vibration from either. Another option is to put the DM50 on the bottom shelf but would it be too near the floor? I am not keen on putting the blu-ray player on the bottom shelf as I would have to go on my hands and knees to operate it.

I appreciate that I could try out te various options bur I'd rather get it right first time.

daveb73

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Miker said:
I've ordered a Canton DM50 which should arrive in the next day or two. The Samsung 40" TV has four splayed legs and sits on top of a three glass plate shelf unit. On the second shelf is a Sony blu-ray player with a TalkTalk YouView box on top of it.. The bottom glass plate which is empty sits on the carpet. I cannot put the DM50 on the top shelf under the TV because the TV legs are too wide apart.

I am thinking of putting the DM50 on the second shelf under the blu-ray player but am wondering whether there would be a problem of vibration from either. Another option is to put the DM50 on the bottom shelf but would it be too near the floor? I am not keen on putting the blu-ray player on the bottom shelf as I would have to go on my hands and knees to operate it.

I appreciate that I could try out te various options bur I'd rather get it right first time.

You should be OK putting it under the bluray player but it may cause some vibration issues as it's built to take a heavy weight ideally.

It's worth noting that the DM 50 has three settings - one for the unit sitting on top of a TV stand (no TV on top of it), one for a TV sitting on top of it and one for it sitting on one of the units shelves. Each setting adjusts the accoustics of the DM50 to suit it's positioning so you do have options.

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
The DM50 was delivered today and I found that the Toslink cable did not fit into the Samsung TV. Samsung finally advised me that the connection is a 3.5mm mini jack so I've had to order a suitable cable. I've decided to put the DM50 on the second shelf and the other two boxes on the bottom so two longer HDMI cables are also needed which gives me the opportunity of tidying up a mess of cables.

I've got the TV on a separate mains plug than the blu-ray player and Youview box so that I can switch the TV off, and do not have to leave it on standby.. My quesion is, does the DM50 have an on/off switch, or just on/standby? It would be neater if I could plug the DM50 into the same hidden extension lead as the Youview box and blu-ray player.

TRENDING THREADS