Where are they now?

Yes, it's scary how some just seem to crash and burn. It isn't an easy business to do well with, for a long time. We are lucky to have brands in the UK like Rega, Michell, SME, B&W, Goldring and Quad that have been around for ages (albeit with changes in ownership in some cases).

I've no idea about Inca, but there will be plenty who are no longer around, for all sorts of reasons. I think this partly explains how some brands get a loyal following, like Naim.

Your Leema is quite a new brand, isn't it, whereas Marantz have been around since the early days, with an amazing history.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Sitting eating my sandwiches, and I turn up an old copy of WHFI? S&V and flipping through the pages of the 'Ultimate Guide' for 2005. Read the review for Inca Katana CDP which received a real glowing appraisal. Do they still exist?

Looks like one sold on the 'wam last week, so at least one person bought one ;)

D

Deleted member 2457

plastic penguin said:
Sitting eating my sandwiches, and I turn up an old copy of WHFI? S&V and flipping through the pages of the 'Ultimate Guide' for 2005. Read the review for Inca Katana CDP which received a real glowing appraisal. Do they still exist?

I've still got this mag. :) It is pretty stange looking the Inca Katana CDP, although quite cool but with an ugly remote control - 5 stars. Just trying to work out why I kept it, then I've just seen my first home cinema system, the Pioner NS-DV990 - loved that system. :) Mission Elegante e82 speaker system is in here too.

gel said:
plastic penguin said:

I've still got this mag. :) It is pretty stange looking the Inca Katana CDP, although quite cool but with an ugly remote control - 5 stars. Just trying to work out why I kept it, then I've just seen my first home cinema system, the Pioner NS-DV990 - loved that system. :) Mission Elegante e82 speaker system is in here too.

Yes, it is a strange looking device. I disagree about the remote: Looks quite classy (made from solid wood) compared to the plasty things normally dished out.

D

Deleted member 2457

plastic penguin said:
gel said:
plastic penguin said:

Yes, it is a strange looking device. I disagree about the remote: Looks quite classy (made from solid wood) compared to the plasty things normally dished out.

Wood with white buttons. :) Just checked out the other one in there too and that is the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts