When will WHF get a Nexus 5 in for review?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I'm finding it very difficult to hold off from buying a Nexus 5 at the moment but with very little out there by way of reviews I'm reticent to buy blind so any idea when or even if the team at WHF might get one for review?

I've seen enough of the HTC one to know it's a great alternative if the Nexus 5 isn't much good but a review of the Nexus 5 would really help inform my decision so any info would be much appreciated thank you.

D

Deleted member 2457

This one is not bad either:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/11/nexus-5-review-google-kitkat-android-smartphone

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Oldboy said:
I'm finding it very difficult to hold off from buying a Nexus 5 at the moment but with very little out there by way of reviews

You're not looking very hard.

Every tech website/blog on the planet has either done a hands on or full review...

Well reviews have only appeared recently and vary wildly which is why I'm hoping WHF get one to review soon...I've just read the most recent reviews and they are mostly positive but confusing as one article praises the camera and another knocks it and that goes on across various points such as build quality, screen and usability.

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi all, we have a Nexus 5 in the building and it's in the hands of the review team. Hopefully we'll get our review online by the end of the week, so please stay tuned! And don't worry, we'll be bring you our thoughts on sound quality, picture quality, and everything in-between!

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 5 for just over a week now and although the camera is not the last word in mobile quality it is better than all but the best of the newer phones. It won't replace my DSLR but takes great pictures, especially with the HDR+ for trickier occasions.

Everything else is superb - it looks a little bland (I prefer a 'stealthier' phone as it is less likely to attract attention) but it is very light and strong. It fits brilliantly in the hand and the screen is so sharp and clear I've hardly used my Nexus 7 for reading or web browsing.

It's very fast and musically appears identical to my sons iPhone (using £100 Shure ear buds). Initially I wasn't sure if upgrading from the N4 was worthwhile but now I'm using and appreciating it more & more.

The range of quality, free apps is also massive.

John Duncan

Andy Madden said:
Hi all, we have a Nexus 5 in the building and it's in the hands of the review team. Hopefully we'll get our review online by the end of the week, so please stay tuned! And don't worry, we'll be bring you our thoughts on sound quality, picture quality, and everything in-between!

Will you be saying WTAF?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Andy Madden said:

Sick.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Andy Madden said:

Late, and like your dad dancing. Either do it properly, or don't bother. I'd vote for the latter.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Its not made by Apple - so although it has a much better screen and is half the price, and runs a configurable OS it will only get 4/5

Its not shiny enough.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
Andy Madden said:

Late, and like your dad dancing. Either do it properly, or don't bother. I'd vote for the latter.

[EDITED BY MODS - please do not attack other members]

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
Its not made by Apple - so although it has a much better screen and is half the price, and runs a configurable OS it will only get 4/5

Its not shiny enough.

No evidence for that, the HTC ONE got 5 stars. That is quite shiny though.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
The_Lhc said:
To be fair to Gel (I've no idea what he said though) it wasn't the smartest thing you've ever said...

Sorry: some of us can only aspire to your perfect antagonism, I guess

You won't find me commenting on things I'm not interested in, I don't see the point of being negative purely for the sake of it.

TRENDING THREADS