When to stop??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I realized for the past 3 years i had been changing my gears from a Nait 5i to my current pre/pwd. On top of that i had changed 3 pairs of speaker as well, from Spendor, Dynaudio and now Sonus Faber. I had somehow find the balance now and everything seems to fall into place. I can say i am enjoying the fruit after all this upgrade. Does anyone here suffer from Upgradeitis like me? As much as i like my set now i have no idea when the upgradeitis bug ever hit me again. So now the question, so when exactly should i stop?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Personally i go in stages. I'll have a system for a few years, enjoy it then start thinking again about upgrading. With most upgrades i've done i start with an amp then speakers then a source. I haven't really thought about my next move, i do want a pair of interconnects and possibly speaker cable if i can get it off e-bay or hi-fi ** for a reasonable price. I suppose a pre/power combo could be next but i'm very happy with my system as it stands so will be a way off yet.....

A

Anonymous

I'm always toying with ideas for my next move, something to look forward to. I love the system I have right now but can also sense room for improvement. When I had lower priced budget components I used to feel very strong urges to upgrade. This included Arcam, Marantz, Monitor Audio, NAD and Rotel. Somehow none of this really cut it for me. The problem is, the better your kit gets the more you want to push the envelope too. So, based on that logic, I have upgradeitis.

A

Anonymous

For all its shortcomings and niggles I do enjoy my C/A 640 and Wharfy kit. Considering the total outlay was around £570 (including all the Chords) I think it gives good enjoyment for the ££.

I am definitely infected with 'itis' but wouldn't consider chopping and changing. I will have to upgrade (possibly speakers first) as I have a growing realisation that although good for the money my system just doesn't quite get there
emotion-40.gif

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
nexski:I realized for the past 3 years i had been changing my gears from a Nait 5i to my current pre/pwd. On top of that i had changed 3 pairs of speaker as well, from Spendor, Dynaudio and now Sonus Faber. I had somehow find the balance now and everything seems to fall into place. I can say i am enjoying the fruit after all this upgrade.Does anyone here suffer from Upgradeitis like me? As much as i like my set now i have no idea when the upgradeitis bug ever hit me again. So now the question, so when exactly should i stop?

Dont think I am far behind LOL, pretty similar system btw.

A

Anonymous

I felt the higher end you go you tend expect more and try to squeeze more out of the setup. You will always want to see what is the limitation and correct it.

A

Anonymous

True Blue:
nexski:I realized for the past 3 years i had been changing my gears from a Nait 5i to my current pre/pwd. On top of that i had changed 3 pairs of speaker as well, from Spendor, Dynaudio and now Sonus Faber. I had somehow find the balance now and everything seems to fall into place. I can say i am enjoying the fruit after all this upgrade.Does anyone here suffer from Upgradeitis like me? As much as i like my set now i have no idea when the upgradeitis bug ever hit me again. So now the question, so when exactly should i stop?

Dont think I am far behind LOL, pretty similar system btw.

yeah we have similar setup except for speaker and CDP :)

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:JoelSim:
I like to change every few years.

Or is that a few changes every year?

I thought you had a change every week?
emotion-4.gif

Tee hee, but compared to Thaiman, Joel's in a different league. BTW I'd love to visit the T' man, his kit is awesome.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Diamond Joe:aliEnRIK:JoelSim:
I like to change every few years.

Or is that a few changes every year?

I thought you had a change every week?
emotion-4.gif

Tee hee, but compared to Thaiman, Joel's in a different league. BTW I'd love to visit the T' man, his kit is awesome.

I agree. I'm done for a bit now, maybe a couple of years or more. Thaiman will never stop.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Gotta mention I'm totally jealous of Joel's system, I heard the Leema Tucana II (+Antila & Xone) last year... totally blew me away, I live in hope that I'll win a few bob on the lotto.
emotion-41.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts