When to buy?

Paul.

Hey bargain hunters, I’m a bit out of the loop on tvs In recent years and was wondering when is the best time to buy a new tv? Can’t wait untill refresh, but out of Black Friday, pre Christmas cash backs and New Years sales, when do you think is best?

I’m looking at a Samsung 65Q80T, it’s currently £1499 on John Lewis with a £100 cash back card deal. Hoping to get it sub £1300 at some point in the near future, sound doable?

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
I always wait till ebay do a 20% off voucher till I buy any major tech, and go via topcashback to get a further few quid off. It usually works out as far cheaper than anywhere else but you have to check

they do about 2 of these every year I've noticed. Theres usually one towards the end of december/january and one in the middle of summer approximately but its not set in stone.

That TV is only 4k though, 8k is out now, I would get one of those myself. But you have to check the specs on all this stuff and compare them side by side, its a real ball ache

I think we are headed for a major depression soon, so I would hang on tbh. Take the money and wham it in an index tracker or something until you need it

Black Friday is on 27th November. I don't usually look for TVs on eBay because I prefer 5 or 6 year warranties from Richer Sounds, John Lewis and Costco.

The new models are usually announced in January, so the cheapest deals can be found between January and March.

Paul.

You could try and get someone to price Match eg RS.
Thanks for that, rang my local RS and they couldn’t price match because of the warranty difference. They did offer me £50 good will though. Think I will try and stay patient for now.

what’s richer sounds warranty like? when my Samsung plasma failed at four years old John Lewis gave me a full refund so quite tempted to buy from them again.

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks for that, rang my local RS and they couldn’t price match because of the warranty difference. They did offer me £50 good will though. Think I will try and stay patient for now.

what’s richer sounds warranty like? when my Samsung plasma failed at four years old John Lewis gave me a full refund so quite tempted to buy from them again.
Yes, I always try and buy from John Lewis too. RS might give you money towards another TV if yours fails. BB has just bought a Sony 75 LED from RS though and you get a 6 year warranty.

Richer Sounds and John Lewis are usually the best for after sales support. I usually stick to them for my purchase. Peter Tyson and Crampton & Moore are supposed to be good too. Costco also offers 5 year warranty with no fuss return.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts