When I turn my TV on my Blu-Ray player comes on at the same time!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Does anyone know how I can solve this? Ta

Also when I turn my amp on it automatically goes to muting, any ideas? Cheers.

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like it's something to do with the HDMI control. This will turn off/on devices that are connected via HDMI. There should be something in the settings where you can disable this feature.

D

Deleted member 2457

chrisr1718 said:
Sounds like it's something to do with the HDMI control. This will turn off/on devices that are connected via HDMI. There should be something in the settings where you can disable this feature.
Cheers. I have gone into the settings on the TV and then HDMI auto setting and it just says all HDMI inputs are on Mode 2. Any ideas.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
There will be a setting somewhere on your tv that will be called CEC or similar. If your bdp comes on, then you should set this to off.

Pill see if there's a Wikipedia page and post it.

D

Deleted member 2457

chrisr1718 said:
Also, chedck the VIERA link settings.
Yes, I have this one. Viera link is on, power on link is on. Power of link is on, the rest are off. Which one then? Ta

D

Deleted member 2457

richardw42 said:
There will be a setting somewhere on your tv that will be called CEC or similar. If your bdp comes on, then you should set this to off.

Pill see if there's a Wikipedia page and post it.
Couldnt find it.

D

Deleted member 2457

Okay, I turned Viera link off and that seems to of worked. Cheers. What about the amp? Hang on it seems to have solved the amp too! Brilliant - cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

chrisr1718 said:
gel said:
chrisr1718 said:
Also, chedck the VIERA link settings.
Yes, I have this one. Viera link is on, power on link is on. Power of link is on, the rest are off. Which one then? Ta

I'd go for turning them all off but I would start with the 'power on' link, seems the most obvious, turn that to off.
Cheers for the help guys.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes when I went on Netflix my blu ray player would come on didn't know how to stop so unplugged it! Old TV had a problem too with it. Annoying..

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
Sometimes when I went on Netflix my blu ray player would come on didn't know how to stop so unplugged it! Old TV had a problem too with it. Annoying..
Yep.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
chrisr1718 said:
You could always look in the instruction manual .

If gel ever decided to RTFM, that would double the time of ownership before he moved on to the next purchase. ;-)
Hopefully this one is a keeper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts