• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

When does the new Xbox and PlayStation 5 come out?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

buzz_lightclick

Nov 21, 2007
Hi Buzz, I have decided 8K game consoles are not for me now.
I wouldn’t be too put off by the Xbox article above. By the time they are released in the shops they will hopefully have sorted the overheating issues the prototypes had.
Alternatively the PS5 should offer a decent alternative and id expect the games to look really good on your 8K Samsung screen.

Reactions: gel

bigboss

I wouldn’t be too put off by the Xbox article above. By the time they are released in the shops they will hopefully have sorted the overheating issues the prototypes had.
Alternatively the PS5 should offer a decent alternative and id expect the games to look really good on your 8K Samsung screen.
It's not as if the consoles are going to disappear from the shelves. Can always get one later if needed. Is gel even a gamer?

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
PS5 for me. Bought the PS4 on launch and honestly never played it until this year. Just used it to watch TV on, not really a gamer, I lost interest because I think the launch games sucked and there wasn't anything that interested me for quite a while, even GT sucked when it was first released

During lockdown I saw sony were giving away the nathan drake collection for free so I played those and was totally hooked. Played 1-3 and then got 4 and the lost legacy, then did Hitman 1 and 2, and the last of us

I just want the 4K output tbh. First games I play will prob be PS4 games. Still want to play the last of us 2, Cyberpunk and the FF7 remake, hopefully by that stage there should be some good ps5 games out

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

buzz_lightclick

Nov 21, 2007
It's not as if the consoles are going to disappear from the shelves. Can always get one later if needed. Is gel even a gamer?
I think he has an Xbox One S now.
That’s true of course, prices will drop so if not that bothered than better to wait than buy on release when they are priced high to catch the early adopters.

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
I think he has an Xbox One S now.
That’s true of course, prices will drop so if not that bothered than better to wait than buy on release when they are priced high to catch the early adopters.
tbf the PS4 prices havent really dropped that much in 7 years. £349 to £249 I think? Used values are still really high too.

They did spec it up a bit though. I think the hard drive will get specced up a bit because 800 gig seems way low

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS