When does the new Xbox and PlayStation 5 come out?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

buzz_lightclick

Hi Buzz, I have decided 8K game consoles are not for me now.
I wouldn’t be too put off by the Xbox article above. By the time they are released in the shops they will hopefully have sorted the overheating issues the prototypes had.
Alternatively the PS5 should offer a decent alternative and id expect the games to look really good on your 8K Samsung screen.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
I wouldn’t be too put off by the Xbox article above. By the time they are released in the shops they will hopefully have sorted the overheating issues the prototypes had.
Alternatively the PS5 should offer a decent alternative and id expect the games to look really good on your 8K Samsung screen.
It's not as if the consoles are going to disappear from the shelves. Can always get one later if needed. Is gel even a gamer?

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
PS5 for me. Bought the PS4 on launch and honestly never played it until this year. Just used it to watch TV on, not really a gamer, I lost interest because I think the launch games sucked and there wasn't anything that interested me for quite a while, even GT sucked when it was first released

During lockdown I saw sony were giving away the nathan drake collection for free so I played those and was totally hooked. Played 1-3 and then got 4 and the lost legacy, then did Hitman 1 and 2, and the last of us

I just want the 4K output tbh. First games I play will prob be PS4 games. Still want to play the last of us 2, Cyberpunk and the FF7 remake, hopefully by that stage there should be some good ps5 games out

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
I think he has an Xbox One S now.
That’s true of course, prices will drop so if not that bothered than better to wait than buy on release when they are priced high to catch the early adopters.

tbf the PS4 prices havent really dropped that much in 7 years. £349 to £249 I think? Used values are still really high too.

They did spec it up a bit though. I think the hard drive will get specced up a bit because 800 gig seems way low

D

Deleted member 2457

I think he has an Xbox One S now.
That’s true of course, prices will drop so if not that bothered than better to wait than buy on release when they are priced high to catch the early adopters.
I sold my Xbox One S and bike to pay for my Pioneer Sc-lx901. :)

Reactions: buzz_lightclick
D

Deleted member 2457

I seem to have missed the PlayStation 5 digital edition has a 8K output.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

I have been looking at these gaming consoles with the TVs we have and we got an LG 65c9 that does HDMI 2.1 at 120hz and a 8K Samsung TV 75q950r that does 8K resolution at 60hz I think so which is best?

D

Deleted member 2457

I have been looking at these gaming consoles with the TVs we have and we got an LG 65c9 that does HDMI 2.1 at 120hz and a 8K Samsung TV 75q950r that does 8K resolution at 60hz I think so which is best?
I am now thinking it shouldn’t matter anyway because my Samsung Q950R does 4K at 120hz too. So should just be fine with my Samsung and no need to switch to the OLED. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Just ordered xBox Series X from Microsoft delivery the 10th Nov! :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Is the PS 5 available anywhere to pre order?
I don’t know BB, the Xbox Series X was out on hot deals as a new deal as soon as I was looking on the page so I bought it straight away today. I will look for the PS 5 and let you know I would like that too!

Reactions: bigboss
D

Deleted member 2457

Just make sure you're using what you're buying. They're not cheap. Not everything needs to be bought.
Yes you are right I will wait until next year to make a decision on the PS 5, I would like to see how the 8K output on it is going to work. Cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

I have pre-ordered Mortal Kombat Ultimate for XX series and an old Tennis game and FIFA 2019.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts