When buying a new amp and you have a 5.1 system should you only buy a 5.1 capable amp?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Tinman1952

Interestingly I’ve heard many say that Denon (and also Marantz) AVR s run quite hot. I’ve had two Yamaha AVR s however that only got slightly warm in use. The RX-A4A looks really nice…..🙂

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I am thinking looking at these two amps they are not from the same range but the Denon-avc 3700 is with it beginning with AVC not AVR.
The AVC is just a slightly updated AVR. Which itself is an updated version of the one I had for a few weeks.

Interestingly I’ve heard many say that Denon (and also Marantz) AVR s run quite hot. I’ve had two Yamaha AVR s however that only got slightly warm in use. The RX-A4A looks really nice…..🙂
The 3600 I returned ran very hot. The air above it was probably ~50C at neighbour-friendly volume levels. The Yam 3080 runs at maybe half that temp.

D

Deleted member 196519

The AVC is just a slightly updated AVR. Which itself is an updated version of the one I had for a few weeks.

The 3600 I returned ran very hot. The air above it was probably ~50C at neighbour-friendly volume levels. The Yam 3080 runs at maybe half that temp.
Thanks mate. (y)

Another new Denon receiver out:

D

Deleted member 196519

I am just using my Bose Wave system now for home cinema purposes. :) I will keep with this all the time now.

Retrosi

Dec 25, 2021
Visit site
I have had my Yamaha RX-a6a switched on and being used all day today from 10am, to now 9pm watching movies, listening to CDs plus radio.
I have just felt the top, barely warm.
It sits in a unit, so enclosed.
I have placed a digital thermometer directly on it with the warm air flowing around it.
It's been there for 30 minutes now and has topped out at 32.2°

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts