Question What's your next HiFi purchase?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

I tried a set of those same right angled versions a year or two back to fit into the back of my then amp (Denon PMA-1600) and they were so tight I couldn't plug them in. Try as I might they just wouldn't fit so I had to send them back. Not sure if they were just a bad batch but my other banana plugs fitted OK.
Strange.
If others were OK.....as you say, must have been a bad batch.

Toraneko

Sep 11, 2021
Visit site
Purchased a Denon AVC-4700H recently which I'm really enjoying. Have recently added a rear surround channel speaker & 2 speakers at the mid point of my ceiling. Dolby ATMOS & DTS:X are both fantastic.
Currently looking for 2 new front floorstanders to replace my somewhat cheap & ordinary existing ones.

On my short list are Monitor Audio, Qacoustics, Klipsch, Richter(Aussie made if you don't know them) & also the new Polk R700's. Due to the layout of my loungeroom I don't have alot of space to place speakers too far away from the front wall so the Polks with their downward firing port may be a better option for me & from what I've been able to find so far people a very impressed with them. Still hoping for a What HiFi review though.

bartrik

Jun 4, 2021
Visit site
An Okto Research dac8 PRO... when they'll have stock again.
This was very favourably interviewed by Kal Rubinson in Stereophile, and costs less than 1K.

This is what their website says:
"Due to large amount of orders, we have temporarily stopped taking new orders. Thank you for your understanding".

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Some Harbeth P3 ESR's for my number 2 set up but only if I can find a pair for a decent price.
If you can't find a pair of harbeth's....for a decent price.....then maybe check out a pair of the original pmc twenty 21's....they can be had much less expensive than their harbeth counterparts...and I doubt the differences are night and day.....but the harbeth are lovely and I can understand the wanting.

Reactions: knaithrover
D

Deleted member 108165

Some Harbeth P3 ESR's for my number 2 set up but only if I can find a pair for a decent price.
As you are already a Harbeth owner you will know to wait for the P3's, I've been completely blown away by mine, (replaced PMC DB1 Gold). The only thing they don't do is disco loud, at everything else they just excel.

D

Deleted member 108165

who does disco on a HiFi system?? :)
It's like with anything new, Al, you want to push it and see what it can do :) Anything over 95dB peak at my listening position I consider disco levels for my tired old lugs. Normal loud, but nice, is 75dB peak for me.

Reactions: Gray

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
@AndyCC72 how is the 1500c working ? any issues with it ?

No none. I have changed the cartridge to the AT VM95ML and added some isonoe acoustic feet. It’s sounding great and is built like a tank. I’m really happy with it.

I’m using the phono stage on my Lyngdorf 1120 amp but the built-in phono stage on the 1500C is decent.

I never liked the 2M Red that it came with.

lmlmlm

Jan 9, 2021
Visit site
It may have been some faulty units, but i've seen Youtube videos where people mentioned platter wobble here and here and some other people saying the tonearm is a bit fiddly or shaky or drops unevenly with "interruptions", things like that ?

You don't have these problems with your 1500c ? @AndyCC72

Last edited:

AJM1981

I am about to drop the idea of buying tubes for a while

For my second setup of Diamond 12.0 speakers in the bedroom, I think about selling the old Magnat sub which I bought purely for movies somewhere in '99. It is mainly inactive here since it has no knob for cut off frequency so the sound gets a bit muddy. I might go for a second compact B&W asw608, a very solid, musical and compact sub.

Last edited:

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
It may have been some faulty units, but i've seen Youtube videos where people mentioned platter wobble here and here and some other people saying the tonearm is a bit fiddly or shaky or drops unevenly with "interruptions", things like that ?

You don't have these problems with your 1500c ? @AndyCC72
No, as I said in my first response; no issues. It is IMO a very nice turntable, much improved by moving on the 2M Red as quickly as possible.

Reactions: lmlmlm

mps

Nov 4, 2021
Visit site
Got a Clear MG professional recently. Next is the Prism sound titan and few Schoeps MK4, CCM41, MK21. And possibly a Macbook air or an Alder lake ultra laptop or tablet.

Reactions: Dom
D

Deleted member 160668

I've just bought some Townshend Isolda speaker cable, which replaced my Tellurium Q black II.

The TQ was great and I was only changing as I've moved the system to left of the room so needed 3m runs.

I plugged it in last night. So far so good and very impressed.

Reactions: Dom

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts