Question What's your next HiFi purchase?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

kramer2020

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
Technics SL-1500C ... yes the one with dodgy cueing lever (allegedly)
Cambridge Audio CXA 60
Cambridge Audio CXC
Cambridge Audio CXN

I prefer the previous Cambridge Audio models as some are now discounted plus I prefer the silver finish over the grey finish.. does anyone like this finish?

Our demo/display nova300 is in the gorgeous Gloss Mocha finish. Btw, at next weekends Bristol Show AV Tech Solutions will be demonstrating Peachtree Audio’s nova300 along with the new amp500, RBH Sound Signature Reference SV-61R loudspeakers, JL Audio CR-1 active subwoofer crossover and a JL Audio Fathom f110 v2 subwoofer. A nova150 along with our nova500 and our Fathom f212 v2 will also be on show in their room.
Careful..... blatant advertising is not what this forum is about.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm quite happy with my set ups at the moment. I will be looking at little tweaks here and there - I've ordered some atabytes for my LS50 stands and I'm considering pimping up my Bluesound Node 2i with an upgrade kit. I am on the lookout for a Roksan Oxygene cdp but in no rush and definitely won't be spending silly money.

Munich

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
I have just pulled the trigger on a set of Triangle Borea BR03's - have to wait a little while until they arrive, of course, given the current situation! Excited to add them to my modest system!

PS. Long-time reader of this forum but first post! Hello to all!
Thought it time that I posted a pic of the BR03s in their new home. Managed 20 hours listening over the weekend - very impressed so far. More details to come!20200420_191547.jpg

Reactions: Dom and knaithrover

Gray

Technics SL-1500C ... yes the one with dodgy cueing lever (allegedly)
Cambridge Audio CXA 60
Cambridge Audio CXC
Cambridge Audio CXN

I prefer the previous Cambridge Audio models as some are now discounted plus I prefer the silver finish over the grey finish.. does anyone like this finish?
Not sure about CAs Lunar grey, would need to see it in the flesh to do a proper comparison.
I liked the look of the 1500C when I first saw it, bet it sounds OK.
And Seinfeld.....humour don't get better as far as I'm concerned.
"Breasts are like the sun.....you can look, but you must look away, never stare".

Reactions: kramer2020

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Recently purchased a mini DSP umik-1 and downloaded REW.
It's a big learning curve getting my head around REW but I keep reading and experimenting and it is slowly becoming clearer.
I have a very reflective room and have plans to do some DIY room treatment but that will have to wait until the current situation settles down a little.

D

Deleted member 108165

Recently purchased a mini DSP umik-1 and downloaded REW.
It's a big learning curve getting my head around REW but I keep reading and experimenting and it is slowly becoming clearer.
I have a very reflective room and have plans to do some DIY room treatment but that will have to wait until the current situation settles down a little.
I bought a UMIK-1 and downloaded REW too a couple of years ago. Made my system sound worse and I didn't have the time to faff around with it... maybe a job for when I retire.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a UMIK-1 and downloaded REW too a couple of years ago. Made my system sound worse and I didn't have the time to faff around with it... maybe a job for when I retire.
I intend to treat the first reflection points (and the ceiling if I can get away with it), so hopefully that should improve things - but it's all good fun if you have the time. Maybe a job for when I retire too!

vrvly

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
Plan on loud and quiet purchase:
1. devialet gold phantom(or 2 for stereo), 4.5kW peak, analog+digital amp in, 14-27kHz, 14Hz with wavy bass sound(wavy driver, like spinning plate on table, unlike simple moving there and back), 27kHz on titanium tweeter, size of baby in your arms, weight like a bucket of water, sound like untamed beast. You would mistaken it for one with its natural sound reproduction, got to try with lion king roar.
2. 1000xm3 or 4 headphones, mainly for their ANC, but sound is also great. I use koss the plug wired earphones with awesome bass reproduction around 20Hz and mostly flat bass response. Combination of sw ANC and big memory foam tips should make some serious silence, while having bass with full spectrum wired music so that nobody minds even when I play at full volume, which is not true for headphones(while traveling).

Mr HiFi

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Might be looking to upgrade to a pair of very high studio monitor quality stand mount speakers (£2-4k+). High sensitivity, high output (I like it loud), to go close-ish to a wall (12-18"), paired with my Linn Majik DSi Streamer Amp and Linn Unidisk 1.1 SACD Player. Not changing the Linn items, delighted with them.

Any ideas, anybody? Or maybe, What HiFi could do a group test? I haven't seen such a test recently. Long overdue, maybe?

gasolin

Might be looking to upgrade to a pair of very high studio monitor quality stand mount speakers (£2-4k+). High sensitivity, high output (I like it loud), to go close-ish to a wall (12-18"), paired with my Linn Majik DSi Streamer Amp and Linn Unidisk 1.1 SACD Player. Not changing the Linn items, delighted with them.

Any ideas, anybody? Or maybe, What HiFi could do a group test? I haven't seen such a test recently. Long overdue, maybe?

Adam A8X ?

D

Deleted member 160668

One of two things... I'm after some PMC OB1i's to replace my Audio Physic floorstanders. But also want to pick up an Alchemist Kraken (either pre & power, or integrated) as this is an itch I've wanted to scratch for ages, but am yet to do.

The hunt continues....

Friesiansam

Bought a Pathos Converto Mk2 RR which arrived a few days ago, to go with my Focal Elegias. To my ears they are a fine pairing.

Actually, I didn't buy the RR version and Pathos's label, on the box, showed it was not the RR version but, inside the box, there was the remote, (the RR) that's supposed to cost an extra ₤200!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts