Question What's your next HiFi purchase?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I'd love to see some pictures from that if you're there and are able. I bet everybody else would too. :)

Here's some of the pictures we took of AV Tech Solutions room at last weekends 2020 Bristol Hi-Fi Show featuring a two channel audio system with components from Peachtree Audio, JL Audio and RBH Sound.

Peachtree Audio’s decco125 SKY, nova150, nova300, our nova500 and our amp500 were on show and on demonstration with RBH Sound Signature Reference SV-61R loudspeakers along with subwoofers from JL Audio CR-1 active subwoofer crossover, JL Audio Dominion d108 subwoofer, JL Audio E-112 subwoofer, JL Audio Fathom f110 v2 subwoofer, JL Audio Fathom f112 v2 subwoofer our JL Audio Fathom f212 v2 subwoofer and with amplification on show from ATI (Amplifier Technologies Incorporated) :cool:

Btw, a picture of our basic 500 strand OFC state of the art speaker cables and 4mm plugs terminated by yours truly used between the nova300 amplifier and the SV-61R loudspeakers is also shown :)

av tech 2020 bristol 1.jpg

av tech 2020 bristol 2.jpgav tech 2020 bristol 3.jpg

av tech @ bristol 2020 4.jpg

av tech 2020 bristol 5.jpgav tech 2020 bristol 6.jpgav tech 2020 bristol 7.jpgav tech 2020 bristol 8.jpgav tech 2020 bristol 9.jpgav tech 2020 bristol 10.jpgav tech 2020 bristol 11.jpg

Rodentman

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
Ordered McIntosh MA5300. The Arcam SA30 was riddled with software issues that are too awkward and cumbersome to address via their download process. Trashed my router trying to do so.

Reactions: insider9

iMark

I will pick up my latest purchase on Saturday. A couple of weeks ago my old Apple Airport Express that I've had for about 12 years packed in. This was the plug version.

I found a second hand model of the last version of the Airport Express for €40 at 20 mins drive from here. It will be used to stream music to an over 20 year old Sony micro system we have in the bedroom. That should keep us going for a couple of years. I like mixing old stuff with newer technology without having to buy brand new stuff.

Here In NL there is quite a second hand market for the Airport Express. I would recommend though to only buy the last model, the A1392, a.k.a. second generation.

robdmarsh

I'm tempted by Triangle br02 which I hope can get even more wonderful sounds out of my Marantz mcr603 with Yamaha wxc50 combo. I'm currently trialing the Audiolab 6000A, which I'm not really getting on with and not liking as much as the above, though still only listening via Bluetooth withAmazon music HD (don't dis it until you've tried it, sound quality is pretty good!). The Audiolab promises a lot but maybe doesn't truly deliver until you get much higher end speakers. At the moment my good ol' Elac debut b5 sound a bit lifeless with it.

Reactions: Dom
Mine will probably be new speakers, after a final SolidAir platform for the power amp.

It's difficult to audition a decent range though, and of a little limited utility as you aren't hearing them with your gear and in your room. My MA GR20s were very highly rated when I got them, but I have no idea how they'd compare with MA's range now, or PMC, Spendor, B&W etc. And they need to work with pretty much all genres and be free of any real weaknesses.

Feels like a bit of a minefield.

D

Deleted member 108165

Didn't think I was in the market for a purchase until a few weeks ago :)

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I have just pulled the trigger on a set of Triangle Borea BR03's - have to wait a little while until they arrive, of course, given the current situation! Excited to add them to my modest system!

PS. Long-time reader of this forum but first post! Hello to all!
Hello to you Munich.
Let us know what you think of those speakers when you get them - and what you're driving them with (as you say, might be a while yet).

Reactions: Munich

Rodentman

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
Just got my new Bassline sub cable from REL. Will install when my son comes over to help move stuff. Still awaiting my Audioquest Monsoon A/C cable for the Mc Amp. Stuff is hard to get now with the virus and companies closed or working with smaller staffs.

Munich

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
Hello to you Munich.
Let us know what you think of those speakers when you get them - and what you're driving them with (as you say, might be a while yet).
Amazingly, the Triangle BR03's have just arrived! Ordered Saturday, dispatched Wednesday, delivered Friday. Under normal situations, that is good - but nowadays? Kudos to the team at Triangle in France for that speedy service.
Unboxed, they are beauties - solid construction and fittings, and the contrast of the white mid-range driver against the black ash surrounds looks amazing.
I will update with first thoughts in a few days!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts