whats the best way to go projector or samsung 4k 65 or 75 inch tv?

clown

Dec 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi after viewing a panasonic award winning 2 grand projector I was dissapointed with the picture quality compared with my panasonic 50" plasma gt30b.is this normal with projectors expanding the picture onto a 102 inch screen.or should I just buy a 65,75 inch samsung 4k tv which has a great picture, but I liked the idea originaly of a concealed electric screen and projector fastened to ceiling out of the way.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Panasonic PJs have never really bowled us over, deposited getting rave reviews. It isn't normal for PJs to not be impressive!

Rather than putting the money into a 4K TV - which won't really benefit all that much over a good 1080p one at normal sizes - I'd out it into a good quality PJ. Have a look at the Sony HW40 or HW55. These might be 1080p projectors, but will look stunning on big screens, particularly the 55. Sony are about too release the VW300ES - their new 4K PJ which will be £5850, currently their cheapest 4K projector. If that is too much, 4L PJs might be down to around the £4k mark about this time next year.

I just don't feel that TV needs 4K. Yes, it is more detailed, but there's more than enough detail in a good quality 1080p one, particularly if it is being used for terrestrial broadcasts, Sky, Netflix streaming etc. I'm still using a Mitsubishi PJ from about 4 years ago, and there's no way I'd replace it with any TV, not even a 4K one. I use a 39" 1080p Pana TV for viewing everything other than films.

clown

Dec 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi, will the sonyhw40 be okay in a normal living room 13x10 foot viewing distance approx 10feet away from screen.main problem screen will be in front of main living room window, but I guess a blacked out blind in front of window will do the job.what electric screen would you recommend?a bit confusing on choice and huge prices and correct size for room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts