Whats the best KEF offer??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have seen 3 different KEF packages available, and im just wondering what one offers the best value for money, and also can anyone beat the price available?

KEF KHT 1005 = £199 Richer Sounds (RRP £300)

KEF KHT 2005.2 = £399 PLAY.COM (RRP £600)

KEF KHT 3005 = £550 (I have heard you can get it for this price, i have not seen it anywhere, iv'e seen it at £599 at Superfi.co.uk, can anyone confirm you can get it at £550?)

Just interested in people's views, has anyone found any other bargains in the £200 - £600 price range?

A

Anonymous

Sevenoaks are doing the 'SE' model, i was talking about the standard model in particular, but £750 is also excellent. Someone is paying £744.88 + £30 delivery at the moment on ebay! i wonder if its going to go up further?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="PJ1200"]
I'm fairly certain the SE model's are NOT included within the deal. Rang my Reading branch - the best they say they will go is £900 - and said the 25% sale does not include Reference or SE models - as per their site

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/offer.aspx?offer=21

If you can find anywhere that is selling them for £750 - please let me know, as I'll go and buy some!!

Cheers

PJ

[/quote]

again i was talking about the standard model NOT the SE.

so PJ out of the 3 models i sugested, what do you think is the best deal?

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Sorry MOOK I was referring to VoodooDoctor's previous comments - I note they are also on another thread.

With regards to your own personal situation - depends on room size I would think a little. Obviously each set of speakers cost a different amount, but they are all highly recommended depending on your budget.

Whilst I think WhatHiFi didn't think the normal 3005's were as good as the SE's I hear they're are still well regarded. It might be worth going to Sevenoaks - auditioning all three - which I'm sure they will hav available, and given their sale choose on the most appropriate for the price - and try and haggle! They seem reasonably flexible I think.

I would probably go for the 3005's however if pushed.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

This is my first forum post so please be gentle with me....

Last night I picked up a brand-new, sealed set of Kef 3005SE's in gloss black from Sound and Vision, who are based in Farnworth, near Bolton.

Their advice was sound, accurate and very friendly. I walked away from the shop with a big smile on my face and only £850.00 light in the wallet. They service to date has been impeccable and highly recommended.

http://www.soundandvisiononline.com/

List price is @ £999.00 but they can be pushed. As an aside, and being a novice are the 3005SE's are good match for my recently purchased Arcam Solo Movie 5.1 ? Your thoughts and comments are much appreciated

Thanks

Chris

A

Anonymous

Sounds like you got a good deal as PJ could only get them for £900. But as i guess Sevenoaks is a franchise it will differ from store to store.

I personally can't afford anything at the moment, but i was curious to see what people thought was the best offer. Or if anyone had found, or got lower prices.

A

Anonymous

I have bookmarked for purchase next week www.hifix.co.uk in Coventry.

They are doing the Kef 3005SE for £795 although this is collect only...

Those along with the black Onkyo 705 receiver are going to set my new front room up a treat...

Now to get a day off to drive to Coventry to collect and then play!!

A

Anonymous

Coventry is to far for me even if i did have the money, can't understand why its instore only?? Anyone know?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="PJ1200"]
I'm fairly certain the SE model's are NOT included within the deal. Rang my Reading branch - the best they say they will go is £900 - and said the 25% sale does not include Reference or SE models - as per their site

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/offer.aspx?offer=21

If you can find anywhere that is selling them for £750 - please let me know, as I'll go and buy some!!

Cheers

PJ
[/quote]

Sounds like it is up to the stores in question.

Over on another site there is a currently active thread about the 3005SE's and a guy DID get the SE's from Sevenoaks for £750 in the deal.

I'm not trying to mislead anyone here. Maybe they made a mistake in that particular store and he got lucky. If you don't try, you'll never know.

A

Anonymous

Cheers!, not that i can afford to buy it, but for everyone elses benifit, i think it would be good if people on this site did more to inform others of how much they paid for everything they buy!

A

Anonymous

Mook,

I agree with you, I honestly think I got a fair deal from Sound & Vision in Bolton. It would be nice to share our successes and let everyone else benefit from the competitive pricing available if we just ask.

The eggs are getting set up tomorrow and I'll update the thread once they have been broken-in and I can review them properly.

Bye for now

Chris

A

Anonymous

Hi.
Although I must remain impartial with regard to the best place to buy KEF, I feel it very important to state that Play.com are not an authorised KEF supplier and do not have a KEF UK account. KEF would always recommend that you purchase our products from an authorised source, giving you a UK warranty, quality back-up, advice and service. Our dealers in the UK are selected to ensure that you, the end user, gets the right kind of advise from trained professionals and not just someone on the end of a freephone or internet mail order line. If you are unsure as to who is your nearest authorised stockist, simply go to www.kef.com/stores.asp and select United Kingdom which will guide you through.

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Just ordered mine from Guildford branch for £750! In black too!

Excellent deal!

Voodoo - I'm eating humble pie.... but this one does taste good!

Cheers one and all.

A

Anonymous

We definately need more of this!! i love it when someone gets a good deal, and its even better when someone tells you about a good deal!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Agreed - that's the idea of these forums. While myself and the rest of the team will try to answer questions when we can, this is really more about users helping other users, engaging in discussions, and so on, rather than a straight 'ask WHFSV' facility.

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Agree with Andrew.

Voodoo, to his credit pointed the deal out, and although I thought he was takling nonsense (after ringing my own local Reading Sevenoaks dealer who seemed to confirm my thoughts) after further investigations Voodoo was right!!

So, as I said ealier, I admit my mistake, but for once in my life it's a mistake I'm happy with!!

£750 for the SEs to me seems a complete bargin. Especially considering WHFSV rated them at product of the year at £1k!!!

Once again, cheers for everyone's input

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts