Question What would you pay for a decent DAC, and I mean DAC not preamp or headphone amplifier??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Revolutions

The Seven oaks price has shot down to £1,119. That makes it an excellent proposition for anyone looking for a DAC streamer.
I know Ruark for their speakers, my work colleague was going to sell top end model for giveaway price £150 because these were massive and she wanted to replace them with wireless Bose speakers, how awful. I showed my wife the photos of the Ruark and it was a NO 🙃
Nice these famous British brands are branching into other things other than their original product base.
Love the walnut and the dial remote control looks pretty neat. 👍
Think I meant to type £1,199 🤣

The little Ruark active PC speakers are great, so I have high hopes for this stuff. Could be a really nice little setup for dining area or similar.

Reactions: Jasonovich

twinkletoes

One of the best dac's out there regardless of price is also a CDP the teac 701 its also a fully balanced affair. with on board streaming built in with a firmware update. 3k or 2.5k if you look around.

Been thinking about it myself and cutting the box count down.

Many overlook it seems here but its one id add the list for audition.

And to answer your earlier question yes there is a difference but its not a night and day thing and nearly all comes from the output stage and power supply. Some comes from custom code and how well the chip has been optimised for its roll within the unit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts