What would you do with £191million?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jjbomber

The story says that, so far 15 UK residents have had wins of more than 100 million.
Now I know that people are starting to turn their noses up at 1 million, but surely.....
better to give 1500 winners a million each.
No. 1,500 winners would waste £1million, whereas 15 winning £100miliion will put the money to a lot of good.

A million is enough for the sensible person to be able to live in comfort for the rest of their days, maybe without the need to work, depending upon age, accumulated cash/investments etc. No-one needs £150m - I would hate to feel as though I couldn't live life as I do now in terms of walking where I want, using the local pub and shops etc. That much cash and you'll need to be making some changes that I know I wouldn't entirely welcome.

They do it the way they do as the huge headline figure is what pulls in the punters - and I feel slightly grubby at having been suckered in this once!

Reactions: Fidelity dom

jjbomber

Hmm. Or gets spent on garishly-coloured Bentleys. Not sure I see the logic.
I saw a Rolls Royce Cullinan this week. Now I would happily spend £500,000 out of my winnings on one of those! I was happily taking pictures, not realising that the chauffeur was sitting inside. I went to the window to check it was Ok and we ended up having a good chat. The driver;s seat was better than my armchairs at home! Stunning car.

TRENDING THREADS