What would you do with £191million?

I'd wind up my business over six months, have the house of my dreams built, have several cars, the stereo and AV gear of my dreams, buy a holiday place elsewhere in the UK, give shedloads to friends and make sure my extended family were well and truly sorted - with caveats about trusts where they're too young to be able to cope. I'd really enjoy getting my kids set up too, but with great care that it didn't inadvertently ruin their lives.

So a lot would change. Fat chance though, as I've always viewed the lotteries as a voluntary tax!

Reactions: Freddy

jjbomber

I don’t think I would do anything different to right now, how about you? What would you spend it on etc.
First 30% has to go to good causes, as per my wife's beliefs. £57 million.
New clubhouse for my local rugby team. £500,000
Buy 1,000 season tickets for kids to attend local rugby matches. I'd allocate them to the schools, so they can bring a different school year each game. Say £100,000 per annum for 20 years, or £2 million
Knock down and re-build my local boxing club. £50,000.
Fund a local European Challenge Tour Golf event. 20 years at £200,000 is £4 million.
Give 100 friends £1million each. £100 million
Then waste £30 million on myself!

Easy!

Last edited:

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
First 30% has to go to good causes, as per my wife's beliefs. £57 million.
New clubhouse for my local rugby team. £500,000
Buy 1,000 season tickets for kids to attend local rugby matches. I'd allocate them to the schools, so they can bring a different school year each game. Say £100,000 per annum for 20 years, or £2 million
Knock down and re-build my local boxing club. £50,000.
Fund a local European Challenge Tour Golf event. 20 years at £200,000 is £4 million.
Give 100 friends £1million each. £100 million
Then waste £30 million on myself!

Easy!
You sound like you have long been thinking about this. (y) Charity and family for me would be a good one. And a house down the road which is currently on sell for £1.8m would do nicely. :)

jjbomber

You sound like you have long been thinking about this. (y) Charity and family for me would be a good one. And a house down the road which is currently on sell for £1.8m would do nicely. :)
People say a lottery win won't change them, but it will. It has to. The secret is to make sure that you change for the better. I'm a great believer in getting kids into sport and doing something positive with their life. So that's what is behind a lot of those things.

Speaking of the lottery, what did we do for birthdays before the lottery? Now it's buy a £10 lucky dip or a couple of scratchcards to put in with the birthday card. It's so easy these days. Before we would spend weeks thinking about a suitable present, before resorting to the box of chocolates.

DCarmi

Many, many years ago, I started a job as a trainee. First day some chap came along and asked if I wanted to do the lottery for a local football club. I didn't like to say no, being my first day, so I picked the numbers 3,13,23 and 33 and I won over £50 (about the equivalent of £200, today).

Did it change me? No, but I don't think it enhanced my popularity and I did not get asked to do the lottery again.

Many, many years ago, I started a job as a trainee. First day some chap came along and asked if I wanted to do the lottery for a local football club. I didn't like to say no, being my first day, so I picked the numbers 3,13,23 and 33 and I won over £50 (about the equivalent of £200, today).

Did it change me? No, but I don't think it enhanced my popularity and I did not get asked to do the lottery again.
Aha! That where the anonymity function of the lotteries comes into play, nobody need know it was you that won ......

Friesiansam

I don't think it enhanced my popularity and I did not get asked to do the lottery again.
That's just stupid, why ask you to enter in the first place, if they're going to get uppity if you win?

Back when the National Lottery was still in it's early days, somebody at work organised a one-off syndicate ticket buy because there was a big roll-over jackpot. People thought I was an idiot for choosing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. My line was the only one that won anything, a whole tenner!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts