Question What would be a good upgrade

Musicmadsash

Apr 10, 2020
Visit site
Looking to upgrade my marantz m-cr610 paired with my Bower and Wilkins speakers 686 s2. Speaker cable tellurium Q Blue. I have a rega planner 2 with goldring e3 stylist

jjbomber

If you like the Marantz sound, then the PM7000N is the obvious go to choice. If you want to try something different then try the lively Cyrus One HD, more laid back Arcam SA20 and the left field, thinking outside the box alternative of adding the Roksan K3 power amp to your existing m-cr610.

Reactions: rainsoothe

Musicmadsash

Apr 10, 2020
Visit site
If you like the Marantz sound, then the PM7000N is the obvious go to choice. If you want to try something different then try the lively Cyrus One HD, more laid back Arcam SA20 and the left field, thinking outside the box alternative of adding the Roksan K3 power amp to your existing m-cr610.
I have been look at the marantz pm700n but would that be a big improvemt to what I have at the moment..

rainsoothe

The Marantz PM7000N is a great call, if you like the Marantz sound - and yes, it would be an upgrade. Cyrus One HD is also a great call, and you can add Quad Vena Play or second hand Naim Unitiqute 2 (this one lacks a phonostage and only 1 analogue input, mind you). I think they will all be a great match for your B&W. If you really want cd playback, you could always add an Audiolab CDT6000 as a transport at a later date, and use the DAC in any of these amps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts