What were your hifi and electronic gadget purchases of 2013?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Pretty much my entire room one setup below, with the exception of the C803 speakers, Kuro and Marantz DVD Player. Needless to say, this year is going to one of much thriftiness!

D

Deleted member 2457

Panasonic 50VT65

Oppo 103

iPad 4

Sent quite a few back too! :)

paulyboy233

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Treated myself quite a bit this year;

Receiver - Pioneer SC-LX56

TV - Samsung UE40F6510

Speakers - 2 more B&W VM1's to give me 7.1

Sonos - Play:1 & Play:3

iThing - iPad 4 32gb

Because i'm worth it (and have a very generous and understanding wife!)

just a second hand Rega Apollo cd player this year for myself. (wish i'd got one years ago)

kindle fire for the Mrs, which is a nice bit of kit.

got some audioquest speaker cable too... which gave me some improvements in bass and treble clarity.

2014 may see my blow the budget a bit.. i've seen some Triangle Genese Quartet speakers which look fabulous. but so is the price tag.

maybe a creek amplifier too.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
2013 was a quiet year for me...

Samsung Galaxy S 4.2 (Walkman/MP3 player)

Pioneer PD-S505

Mordaunt-Short MS20i

Sony Xperia SP phone

Hopefully at the start of 2014 I will be getting hold of a new TV, Blu-Ray player and a Cambridge Audio Minx Go. I also need a new laptop...

tommie_boi

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Creek Evolution 50A - for sale on ebay, not happy with rock

Epos Epic 2 - as good as my old Revel M22, stunning speakers

Yamaha R-N500 - what an amp, superb bass, matches Epos better than Creek, loads of inputs plus Air Play onboard, revelation

Musical Fidelity EB33 - great earphones

Musical Fidelity MF100 - great headphones, sound and look fantastic

B&W P7 - not for me, Koss Portapro are more fun than these overrated headphones

Cambridge Audio Minx Go - excellent for what it is, great battery life

Beyerdynamic Custom Pro - look P7 above, the best thing about'em is their built quality

Denon A-Hd600 - i will not comment, i think i had fakes, unless they are that bad...

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Spent way much too money this year on new equipment and bidding on ebay, but end of year highlight for me was finally winning a bid for a Naim CD5i on ebay, tried several times with other naim cd players but kept getting outbid at the last minute.

Should hopefully receive it by the end of the week, can't wait to hear it.

Happy New Year to everybody on the What Hifi forums.

:cheers: :cheer: :dance: :bounce: :rockout: :) :wave: :beer: 8)

matthewpiano

tommie_boi said:

Yamaha R-N500 - what an amp, superb bass, matches Epos better than Creek, loads of inputs plus Air Play onboard, revelation

Beyerdynamic Custom Pro - look P7 above, the best thing about'em is their built quality

Denon A-Hd600 - i will not comment, i think i had fakes, unless they are that bad...

Just goes to show. The assumption would always be that the Creek would be superior to the Yamaha, but clearly not the case in this instance. Good that you were able to look past the names and settle with the amp that makes you happy.

namefail

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Shure SRH 440

Yamaha A S500

Powerlink 4 socket extention lead

Morduant Short Aviano 6

Cambradge Audio 511p

Ashdown EB 15-180 (bass amp)

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
tommie_boi said:

Looks an interesting product. Didn't know it existed until you pointed it out. I'm surprised there aren't more like this - the convienience and features of a typical 'bells and whistles' AV receiver (DLNA, Airplay, control app, internet radio etc), but with the emphasis on stereo sound quality. For those who listen to music more than watch movies, this is an ideal solution. Well sniffed out!

A mini review would be nice! Sound balance across the frequency range? Ease of use of control app? Any technical hitches? Suggested speaker partners?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts