What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't that sure when I first played this last year but it's definitely grown on me over the subsequent months. It helps that it's such a good quality pressing though...

61zNF5kEFCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
51lzroXDpsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I love this album from a club/support band from the early 70s. If you weren't around then you've probably never heard of them but it sounds superb on vinyl. Decided to play this as I've spent most of the last few weeks borrowing CDs from the libray, well they were half price and they ain't closed it down yet. I decided I had vinyl withdrawal symptoms so needed a good boost and this sounds like vinyl should solid tight bass and depth to the drumming.
Fortunately my copy also plays fabulously. A good job really as it will probably never be re-released.

Trapeze consisted of Glenn Hughes who went on to play with Deep Purple and has also released some solo stuff.

Mel Galley played with Whitesnake and passed away in 2008.
The drummer played with Judas Priest and I have no more to say about him.

Now what should I play next.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles:

I love this album from a club/support band from the early 70s. If you weren't around then you've probably never heard of them but it sounds superb on vinyl. Decided to play this as I've spent most of the last few weeks borrowing CDs from the libray, well they were half price and they ain't closed it down yet. I decided I had vinyl withdrawal symptoms so needed a good boost and this sounds like vinyl should solid tight bass and depth to the drumming.
Fortunately my copy also plays fabulously. A good job really as it will probably never be re-released.

Trapeze consisted of Glenn Hughes who went on to play with Deep Purple and has also released some solo stuff.

Is the Glenn Hughes penned track "Medusa" off the Black Country Communion LP from this Trapeze Medusa LP then L.A.?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB:Lost Angeles:

Is the Glenn Hughes penned track "Medusa" off the Black Country Communion LP from this Trapeze Medusa LP then L.A.?

Yes. with Joe Bonamassa and Jason Bonham. He also played with Black Sabbath.
Don't blame him for leaving Trapeze.

Edit : Ive just re-read your question and will listen on Spotify and check if it's the same song, it's definitely the same guy.

Re-Edit: Yes it is the same track. They have hardly altered it at all.
Great track Eh!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles:
61eU%2BEKw-vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A recent purchase from Oxfam for £1.99 and it plays very well.

10cc I wonder where they got that name from?
emotion-14.gif

Probably the same place as The Lovin' Spoonful.

Anyway, sticking with the heavy theme...

51iD9wrMj2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Another fave of mine. These caused quite a stir at the time of "White Punks On Dope" with their (for the time) outrageous live show. The hype worked though, I tried to get into see them at the Manchester Free Trade Hall but it was sold out.

Anyway, this LP released (1979) a year or two after the furore just shows that behind all the hype and risque shows, there lay a really good band. Unfortunately this album is not available on Spotify but there is some other good stuff on there, non of which has any of the songs from this album.

41iSo3ga-iL._SS500_.jpg

Rob998

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
with_the_beatles.jpg

I got all excited last night when I noticed the misspelling of You Really Got A Hold On Me on the sleeve. I was envisioning a nice new amp. Alas, the mistake is not carried over to the label.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB:

Lost Angeles:

emotion-14.gif

The Lovin' Spoonful, I see where you are coming from but that name came from a song about coffee.

Did you enjoy the Medusa track.
emotion-21.gif

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
41cPc7Dyc3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
510dZX9tkXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I originally had the Boston album on cassette and bought this the other week and it sounds as flat as a pancake. I had the choice of a Blue or Orange Epic Label copy and picked the blue cos it looked in better nick. It plays without any pops or crackles but does it sound flat. I had thought about getting this on 180gr vinyl but i'm glad I didn't if it's as flat as this.

No prizes for where they got their name from.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles:DIB:

Lost Angeles:

emotion-14.gif

The Lovin' Spoonful, I see where you are coming from but that name came from a song about coffee.

emotion-21.gif

Yes I did enjoy "Medusa". in fact the whole Black Country Communion album has grown on me loads.

Re: the name "Lovin' Spoonful". Yes it does come from the song by Mississippi John Hurt called "Coffe Blues", but with like a lot of old blues songs, if you've got the right sort of imagination you can read a lot of hidden meanings into the lyrics. He wants his lovin spoonful every morning with his girlfriend. He'll be asking her to squeeze his lemon 'til the juice runs down his leg next
emotion-5.gif

Also following on from your 10cc LP, I'm currently listening to this one..

21VyB7G6uYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not unsurprisingly this one's called "L" by Godley & Creme. Forgot I had this.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB:Lost Angeles:DIB:

Lost Angeles:

emotion-14.gif

emotion-21.gif

Yes I did enjoy "Medusa". in fact the whole Black Country Communion album has grown on me loads.

Re: the name "Lovin' Spoonful". Yes it does come from the song by Mississippi John Hurt called "Coffe Blues", but with like a lot of old blues songs, if you've got the right sort of imagination you can read a lot of hidden meanings into the lyrics. He wants his lovin spoonful every morning with his girlfriend. He'll be asking her to squeeze his lemon 'til the juice runs down his leg next
emotion-5.gif

On this killing floor.

The Lovin' Spoonful was something I remembered from years ago obviously not quite true.
emotion-10.gif
will now have to look it up on google.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Lost Angeles:

This should make you feel good . I have just seen this record for sale on the Wah Wah Record shop of Barcelona's website for 50 euros. So you should look after your copy. Best not play it again!

Nick

A

Anonymous

Idrissa Diop - DIAMONOYE DE L'EVOLUTION (Taranga Beat)

Willie Wright - Telling the Truth (Numero Group)

Tortoise - Millions Now Living WIll Never Die (Slam City)

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
41zTYrZ90GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
417gq4gnjhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

As a tribute to Gary Moore I played the above on vinyl this evening. Also listened to half of Out In The Fields The Best of Gary Moore walking to and from work today and will listen to the remainder tomorrow.
I need to get Dark Days In Paradise now.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
shropshire lad:Lost Angeles:

This should make you feel good . I have just seen this record for sale on the Wah Wah Record shop of Barcelona's website for 50 euros. So you should look after your copy. Best not play it again!

Nick

Thank you for this. Are these prices for new or secondhand as I also have “You Are The Music We're Just The Band” by Trapeze and that's listed at 30 euros.
I presume they are for new as there is no secondhand vinyl in my opinion worth 30 or 50 Euros. Anyway records are for playing and I shall continue to play mine.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Checked shirt, battered Strat, it could only be the late great Rory Gallagher, who I had the great pleasure of seeing a couple of times.

Fantastic live act..

51eJYwPa3GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts