What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
5175XprQYJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51GS4qdRW%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Led Zeppelin "Presence"
The Who "Tommy" Sounds brilliant.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
fatboyslimfast:At the moment, Shellac 78s... does that count?

OK with me. I've played

51rY%2BXvJxeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
31kcYN6E9XL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Side one of Roy Harper as it needs a good clean and I'd ordered a half speed re-mastered version of Brothers In Arms which could not be supplied so I dug my original version out, it sounds like it needs a good clean to.

A

Anonymous

UNKLE ,War Stories

Goinna move on to some Mastodon after this, Leviathan sounds bloody amazin on vinyl!

A

Anonymous

Arthur Verocai

Har You Purcussion band

Billy Martin Strawberry Soul

Jabula & South African Freedom SIngers - Apartheid No!

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DavidNorway:WOW just found this.The Landau Orchestra via Spotify,loving it,proper lights down drink in hand hi-fi music!
emotion-11.gif

Errrrr I presume this is off vinyl and not Spotify.

To DIB I think all The Who albums are brilliant off vinyl.

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Lost Angeles:
DavidNorway:WOW just found this.The Landau Orchestra via Spotify,loving it,proper lights down drink in hand hi-fi music!

Errrrr I presume this is off vinyl and not Spotify.

To DIB I think all The Who albums are brilliant off vinyl.

Hi Lost Angels,no im listening via Spotify,it sounds amazing!its the Janus Plays Telephone,im going to a record fair next week will have a look for some black wax,do you know anything about them?

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Errrrrr im stuuupid! What vinyl are you listening to? sorry guys wrong thread.

I was listening to Ingognito- Transatlantic rpm earlier on vinyl-brilliant,although not the best pressing.

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
The recent John Lennon CD reisues has prompted me to play my J.L vinyl.

Tonights listening has been "John Lennon Plastic Ono Band", followed by "Walls & Bridges".

I will not be getting all the CD's, only "Mind Games", as my second hand vinyl copy is knacked.

All the others were bought new, and sound excellent.

Mike

:)

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
DIB:
LP 1 - JLH solo, LP 2 - JLH & Canned Heat. Cracking double from the 70's...

Ooh, that looks interesting! That's going on the 'one to look out for' list!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
margetti:

(If you're reading Bretty, it finally arrived on Saturday after a 2 week wait! Sounds pretty good - equivalent at least to what I'm getting thru the CDP (is that damning with faint praise? not sure). Noise floor is very low, that's for certain).

So, a good buy for £13 then? I'll have to pick up a copy myself. It was from HMV, if anyone else is interested.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Yep, more than happy
emotion-2.gif

Took a couple of weeks to dispatch but worth the wait. I'm hoping to upgrade the stylus to a Blue at the end of the month, and if what I've read about the Blue, this album will sound sublime.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
margetti:
113926663.jpg

I've got that one. Charley Records brought out some really good R & B/Blues LP's in the 70's and 80's. I've got a few by JLH, Jimmy Reed, & T-Bone Walker.

Unfortunately, they didn't own the rights or something like that and so were closed down.

However, that particular LP is a great place to start with the Hook and has really good versions of his most famous songs such as "Dimples", "Boom Boom" etc.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
DIB:
I've got that one. Charley Records brought out some really good R & B/Blues LP's in the 70's and 80's. I've got a few by JLH, Jimmy Reed, & T-Bone Walker.

Unfortunately, they didn't own the rights or something like that and so were closed down.

However, that particular LP is a great place to start with the Hook and has really good versions of his most famous songs such as "Dimples", "Boom Boom" etc.

Oddly enough, I "discovered" JLH with his 1989 album 'The Healer'... got that album and 'Boom Boom' on CD... didn't take it any further at the time but now the turntable has taken over the cdp as my favourite music source it's time to revisit Mr Hooker
emotion-1.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles:
41id6LaHpaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41LREFqubnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1970s vinyl and still sounds good.

Good call, I'm going to put "Next" on now.

The 70's was a golden period for me and gigging, SAHB were definitely right up there as a top gig not to be missed. Utterly wonderful live.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts