What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 373 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Love revisited. Although I have all the individual albums I like the selection.

LOVE_LOVE%2BREVISITED-593394.jpg

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Curtis Mayfield – Curtis / Live! (one of my favourite live albums of all time - listen here)
Scott Walker – Childhood of a Leader o.s.t.
The Necks – Unfold
Resina – Resina
BE – One

Troy62

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
clacd180
Months ago for some reason I bought Billy Elliot on bluray. Record store day comes around and I bought T Rex - Electric Warrior. Anyway Sunday night her indoors decides to watch a film and picks out Billy Elliot. So tonight everyone's in bed and I put the album on. Love this album.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
Anna Calvi – Live at MeltdownJulia Holter – In the Same RoomThe Great Leap Forward – Season 87-88

I have also got the Anna Calvi RSD, went in on Friday and picked it up, no queue or hassle. It is very good.

Also picked up the Flaming Lips RSD 'Peace Concert'.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I must admit I was a little underwhelmed on first listen: it seemed somewhat lacking in intensity next to her studio albums. I wish they'd record these things at smaller venues rather than stadium/festival performances, as the latter tend towards (a) being a greatest-hits collection and (b) a bit lacklustre. Hopefully I'll enjoy it more next time around.

I really hope she'll get her backside in gear and release a new album of original material.

Transmitter Down

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Currently enjoying Palm - Trading Basics, the best new band I've heard for many a year.

Who is this Transmitter Down?

Jim W, Charlie Jefferson, thescarletpronster, jimbofisher, knaithrover, have you guys any idea?

Transmitter Down

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Still at testing stage, officially the station (CRMK) launches on June 10th, but this will be my 6th show.

Not sure I'll be on here very much, just wanted to get back in touch with a few of you. I never thought playing 2 hours of music a week would take up so much of my time.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Transmitter Down?! Search me, guv. Bit Bloody Barmy if you ask me, mate. Sounds like a DJ with a breakdown. And where and when might a bod catch your groovy radio programme and can I phone in and pretend to be myself? Or can I request a disc, Mr Jockey? Hello, BBB. Hope you're well and happy. Nice to see you. See if you can find Charlie in a cupboard somewhere.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Ok, TD, I'll tune in, turn on and drop out. Looking forward to it...and don't be playing loads of that bloody electonic stuff or I'll jam the switchboard.

Best wishes for the show.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Jimi Hendrix, Machine Gun, Fillmore Hall first show. Slightly disappointed, as the version of Machine gun is different from the version on my Band of Gypsys CD, in fact the track listings are completely different.

Still great playing, though. Guess I'll have to find a vinyl edition of BoG.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts