What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 367 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Various – Eleven into Fifteen: A 130701 Compilation
Nonkeen – Elements of The Gamble
Gregory Isaacs – More Gregory
Lou Rhodes – theyesandeye
Julia Holter – Have You in My Wilderness

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
U2 'Songs Of Innocence' 2LP on luvvverly White 180g vinyl.

DC63159D-833D-4428-BDE4-35A7A3C9D358_zpsr7uotasq.jpg

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Had a couple of friends over last night and spun some discs.

Various artists – Pomegranates (Persian Pop, Funk, Folk and Psych of the 60s and 70s)
Jon Hopkins – Immunity
Gogo Penguin – Man Made Object
Curtis Mayfield – Super Fly
Burning Spear – Marcus Garvey

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Nonkeen – Oddments of The Gamble
Various – Eleven into Fifteen: A 130701 Compilation
Anna von Hausswolff – The Miraculous
Tom Waits – Blue Valentine
Massive Attack – Mezzanine

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band – Doc At The Radar StationRoxy Music – StrandedCan – Soon Over Babaluma

Was listening to Doc at the Radar Station this morning, quite difficult in places but the high points are typically brilliant - Ashtray Heart is my fave

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Was listening to Doc at the Radar Station this morning, quite difficult in places but the high points are typically brilliant - Ashtray Heart is my fave

It's a decent album. Probably the one I know least well. I friend recently listed his favourite Beefheart tracks and there were a couple of tracks listed from that album that I couldn't even think how they went from the titles. So I thought I'd give it a spin. I'm glad I did.

Today:
Congo Natty – Jungle Revolution
The Cat Empire – Rising With The Sun
Little Feat – Waiting For Columbus
Moulettes – Preternatural
David Bowie – Lodger
J. Boogie's Dubtronic Science – J. Boogie's Dubtronic Science

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
knaithrover said:

It's a decent album. Probably the one I know least well. I friend recently listed his favourite Beefheart tracks and there were a couple of tracks listed from that album that I couldn't even think how they went from the titles. So I thought I'd give it a spin. I'm glad I did.

Today:Congo Natty – Jungle RevolutionThe Cat Empire – Rising With The SunLittle Feat – Waiting For ColumbusMoulettes – PreternaturalDavid Bowie – LodgerJ. Boogie's Dubtronic Science – J. Boogie's Dubtronic Science

Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller) is my favourite 'later' album - all killer no filler on that one

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller) is my favourite 'later' album - all killer no filler on that one

Definitely - it's my favourite of the later albums.

Have been convinced to go through all the Beefheart LPs this weekend. So, earlier today:
Safe As Milk
Mirror Man
Strictly Personal
That's as far as I got before going out. I sense tomorrow's going to be a long day...

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
knaithrover said:

Definitely - it's my favourite of the later albums.

Have been convinced to go through all the Beefheart LPs this weekend. So, earlier today:Safe As MilkMirror ManStrictly PersonalThat's as far as I got before going out. I sense tomorrow's going to be a long day...

I cant choose between Clear Spot & Milk as my favourites followed very very closely by the awesome Strictly Personal and then Shiny Beast as best of the rest. Trout Mask Replica grows on me like weird fungus every year....

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
knaithrover said:
I cant choose between Clear Spot & Milk as my favourites followed very very closely by the awesome Strictly Personal and then Shiny Beast as best of the rest. Trout Mask Replica grows on me like weird fungus every year....

Yes, it is tricky. My personal favourites are Lick My Decals Off, Baby, Trout Mask Replica, Shiny Beast and Strictly Personal. Although the original versions of the last two are as good if not better than the officially released versions: I May Be Hungry But I Sure Ain't Weird in the case of Strictly Personal, and Bat Chain Puller (finally released by the Zappa estate a couple of years ago) in the case of Shiny Beast. Both are well worth checking out if you like those albums. I also really like The Spotlight Kid, Clear Spot, Safe As Milk, and the last two albums are pretty good too! Basically anything apart from the dire pair from 1974.

Today:
Strictly Personal (again)
Trout Mask Replica
Lick My Decals Off, Baby

This could take some time...

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
knaithrover said:

Yes, it is tricky. My personal favourites are Lick My Decals Off, Baby, Trout Mask Replica, Shiny Beast and Strictly Personal. Although the original versions of the last two are as good if not better than the officially released versions: I May Be Hungry But I Sure Ain't Weird in the case of Strictly Personal, and Bat Chain Puller (finally released by the Zappa estate a couple of years ago) in the case of Shiny Beast. Both are well worth checking out if you like those albums. I also really like The Spotlight Kid, Clear Spot, Safe As Milk, and the last two albums are pretty good too! Basically anything apart from the dire pair from 1974.

Today:Strictly Personal (again)Trout Mask ReplicaLick My Decals Off, Baby

This could take some time...

The remastered early 70's albums sound brilliant btw

Shaggy

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Listening to these fine albums:

Dotan, 7 Layers: https://youtu.be/FZEuqzW16Nw

Young Gun Silver Fox, West End Coast : https://youtu.be/HX5zIGJY23Q?list=PL7uYnpYrs38wosMex6L_mYsLmH-4S7m5n

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts