What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 364 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Dr John : Gris Gris

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm listening now, and it sounds amazing. Weird and trippy, as you say. And witchy. I've been meaning to get hold of some Dr John for years, but never have - haven't really known where to start. But this seems as good a place as any.

I hope no one else is planning to bid on the copy that's finishing on eBay in two hours, otherwise we might end up bidding against each other! I wouldn't want to do that to a fellow forumite.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
knaithrover said:
Dr John : Gris Gris

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm listening now, and it sounds amazing. Weird and trippy, as you say. And witchy. I've been meaning to get hold of some Dr John for years, but never have - haven't really known where to start. But this seems as good a place as any.

I hope no one else is planning to bid on the copy that's finishing on eBay in two hours, otherwise we might end up bidding against each other! I wouldn't want to do that to a fellow forumite.

You are very welcome, it's great unearthing old gems and I was stunned how good this album is when I finally bought it. I was always put off Dr John by his later mainstream stuff a la Last Walz and beyond. The 1st 3 or 4 albums are best for me when he was still a freak (and a Gris Gris man)

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Over the weekend

Malcolm McLaren & the Bootzilla Orchestra (love this record and a great system tester/auditioner)

Goat - World Music

Public Service Broadcasting - Inform Educate Entertain

Benjamin Booker - Benjamin Booker

Finley Quaye - Maverick A Strike

Bob Marley - Burnin'

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Courtney Pine - Destiney's Song & the Image of Pursuance

Sonny Rollins - A Nght at the "Village Vanguard"

and finally

Miles Davis - In a Silent Way

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
jimbofisher said:
Over the weekend

Malcolm McLaren & the Bootzilla Orchestra (love this record and a great system tester/auditioner)

Goat - World Music

Public Service Broadcasting - Inform Educate Entertain

Benjamin Booker - Benjamin Booker

Finley Quaye - Maverick A Strike

Bob Marley - Burnin'

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Courtney Pine - Destiney's Song & the Image of Pursuance

Sonny Rollins - A Nght at the "Village Vanguard"

and finally

Miles Davis - In a Silent Way

Last but certainly not least

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Picked up earlier this week and loving the following two side projects:

Minor Victories - Minor Victories (a side project of members of Mogwai, Slowdive and Editors - looking forward to seeing them at Latitude)

Beak> - Couple in a Hole (OST) (a side project of Geoff Barrow's - he of Portishead)

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity

Biosphere - Patashnik

Se Delan - Drifter

John Martyn - Solid Air

Cynic - Kindly Bent To Free Us

*music2*

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales

Celtic Frost - Emperor's Return

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion

Celtic Frost - Into The Pandemonium

Coroner - Punishment For Decadence

Onslaught - Power From Hell

Various - Doomsday News

All on well kept, mostly crackle-free vinyl I bought 30 years ago.

*dirol*

(couldn't find a smug emoticon)

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Well.I was listening to my new tool."Lateralus"lp when it started to distort badly on track 3"the patient",think I'll have to send it back for a new one.but up until then it sounded awesome.damn.

Feel for you Mark. Sooo disappointing when that happens especially if you can hear it's a good album, which it most certainly is. I have it on CD ( with one of the best CD covers I've ever seen ).

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band 'Next' (1973)

5D5B1484-0AA4-4379-8480-F3E0A8CE6557_zpsjjccl3uo.jpg

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
Anna von Hausswolff – Ceremony

Anyone seen BigBern? He's usually a very regular poster here, but I've not seen him for a while. Hopefully he's just on holiday or summat.

If he's busy setting up 'Radio Free Milton Keynes' he won't have much time for the forum I suspect.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

NMANo1 said:
thescarletpronster said:
Anna von Hausswolff – Ceremony

Anyone seen BigBern? He's usually a very regular poster here, but I've not seen him for a while. Hopefully he's just on holiday or summat.

If he's busy setting up 'Radio Free Milton Keynes' he won't have much time for the forum I suspect.

Yep, I'm just busy with several things, but mainly the radio station set up, and sourcing new music to play, as I don't want to play just older stuff.

I have found some excellent new music, by the way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts