What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 363 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

thescarletpronster said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I have a name, 'The Weird & The Wonderful'.

Don't try and talk me out of it, it's decided. *aggressive*

How about 'Wired and Weird'?

I might have to change the name. *cray2*

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Given your stated 'flavour' of music for the radio show, I still think my suggestions of 'I Hear Voices', 'Song & Legend' & 'The Crack Up' we're better than your final choice anyway but as another previously posted...Its your choice & your show, so, best of luck with it...&

0252B61A-C0D1-4707-88FE-DBF388D83E57_zpsfictvf2j.jpg

Anyway, back to the thread... Listening to right now on vinyl

A Perfect Circle " Mer de Noms"

43734692-15D2-4432-B023-E6753F308F97_zpswqo5ut5w.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

NMANo1 said:
Given your stated 'flavour' of music for the radio show, I still think my suggestions of 'I Hear Voices', 'Song & Legend' & 'The Crack Up' we're better than your final choice anyway

No. *blum3*

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
...even though I've banned myself from buying records. These crawled into my hand, guv...honest.

Otis Redding: 'Otis Blue' Atlantic mono. A revelation: easily cuts the stereo which sounds anaemic in comparison. Sounds like a band playing together not a sort of studio creation.

Fred McDowell: 'Long Way From Home'. The real thing.

Paul Desmond: 'Paul Desmond And Friends'. Impossibly cool.

The House Of Love:' The House Of Love'. Not the first album but a German 8 track compilation of the first couple of singles and some extras. Didn't even know of its existence.

John Fahey: 'The Best Of John Fahey 1959-1977' Oh dear, put your guitar away...it's pointless even trying. Masterful...and weird.

Rickie Lee Jones: 'Pop pop'. Lovely, jazzy, nostalgic wallowing.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Over the weekend managed to get some serious listening in with following

Paul Weller - Saturns Pattern

Simple Minds - Once Upon A Time

Wild Beasts - Two Dancers

Bob Marley - Natty Dread

Adam & the Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier

Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues

Kate Bush - The Dreaming

Nick Cave - Push the Sky Away

Various - Haiti Direct (big band, mini jazz and twoubadou sounds 1960-1978)

Dexys - Don't Stand Me Down

Neil Young - After the Gold Rush

Sexwitch - Sexwitch

TV on the Radio - Seeds

Ghostpoet - Shedding Skin

Tanita Tikaram - Closer to the People

Nitin Sawhney - Dystopian Dream

The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream

The Woodentops - Giant

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Roy Orbison - Sings Lonely And Blue

Bruce Sprinsteen - Nebraska

Bill Evans - You Must Believe In Spring

John Cougar Mellencamp - Scarecrow

Soft Machine - First album

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Miles Davis : Sketches of Spain

Love : Forever Changes

Beatles : Abbey Road

Scott Walker : 4

Beefheart : Clear Spot

A welcome morning off, new phono stage so it's classic rock and a sprinkling of jazz for me!! Heavenly sounds.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Beth Orton – Kidsticks. A real departure for her, co-written with Andrew Hung from, err, 'Love Buttons'. I like it a lot more than her previous stuff.
Moulettes – Preternatural
Anna Von Hausswolff – The Miraculous
Daughter – Not To Disappear
Mogwai – Atomic

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

knaithrover said:
Dr John : Gris Gris

I really can't recommend this weird trippy mysterious record enough. Essential.

I'd quite like a copy of that.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Now playing:

Schema - Schema

a0875508427_16.jpg

Schema are the band Hovercraft, with Mary Hansen (Stereolab), which was recorded a year or two before her untimely death. It sounds exactly how you'd expect it to, which is a good thing.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Now playing:

Schema - Schema

Schema are the band Hovercraft, with Mary Hansen (Stereolab), which was recorded a year or two before her untimely death. It sounds exactly how you'd expect it to, which is a good thing.

Exactly as expected - listening on Tidal now, Stereolab with trippy guitar what's not to like?

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
NMANo1 said:
UK Subs "Another Kind Of Blues" (1979) Original blue vinyl. The debut & probably the best subs album. Raucous !

Bought this the day it came out and yes their best album. Brilliant live too, I still have a piece of Nicky Garret's t-shirt from when he jumped into the audience at the Rock Garden Middlesbrough about a squillion years ago.

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
This is my original copy too, in glorious blue vinyl. Sounds great. I managed to see them at Tiffanys ( now The Garage ) in Glasgow about 1980/1981 supported by Anti-Pasti. Charlie Harper told the audience, after about 2 songs that they would walk off if the 1977 punks didn't stop gobbing at the band. I'm sure I saw a phlegm ball go in his mouth! I nearly puked myself ! Fu**in disgusting ! Great gig tho.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
NMANo1 said:
This is my original copy too, in glorious blue vinyl. Sounds great. I managed to see them at Tiffanys ( now The Garage ) in Glasgow about 1980/1981 supported by Anti-Pasti. Charlie Harper told the audience, after about 2 songs that they would walk off if the 1977 punks didn't stop gobbing at the band. I'm sure I saw a phlegm ball go in his mouth! I nearly puked myself ! Fu**in disgusting ! Great gig tho.

Must have been the same tour as Anti Pasti were supporting when I saw them. The gobbing was horrendous looking back, it seemed almost normal then - I never did it I was too well brought up!!!

2nd Subs album was decent too but after that and the live album forget it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts