What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 292 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
9186zJtq9XL._SL1500_.jpg

I must get smaller pics next time.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
One of my local pubs near Kew Bridge had a refit recently, and we visited it for thr first time this evening.

Firstly I am pleased to say it has been refitted as a pub, not a wine bar or faux brasserie, a real, proper pub....!

Secondly the sound system comprised a vintage turntable and Yamaha reciever (CR600 or similar) playing real vinyl albums, during the time we were there we got 'treated' to the Mommas and the Papas greatest hits and an original 2 Tone pressing of Selector's 'Too much pressure'.

I was peripherally involved in the '79 2Tone tour, so the latter brought back some memories.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I studied in Brussels for a while (20+ years ago) and my local hostelry had a turntable at the end of the bar with a box of 100 or so LPs. Customers were free to make selections, or even bring their own vinyl along. I had many a late night in l'Atelier during my time over there. *wacko*

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Been listening to a couple of LPs I picked up at a charity shop in Hythe yesterday,

Depeche Mode - Music For The Masses

Then Jerico; - The Big Area

Then Jerico have dated somewhat, but they'll always hold a small place in my heart as the first band I ever saw live. Hammersmith Odeon, 1989 if anyone is interested.

Depeche Mode seem to somehow be timeless?

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Been able to have some good listening time

Foals - Holy Fire

David Byrne - The Catherine Wheel

ZZ Top - Eliminator (Gimme All Your Lovin sounding exceptionally good)

Adam And The Ants - Dirk Wears White Sox

Adam And The Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier

Dexys - Too-Rye-Aye

Us 3 - Hand on the Torch

Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principal

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
After hearing one track by chance on the radio I have become a complete convert to this geeky chap from Bournemouth's bedroom laptop electronica.

East India Youth - Culture Of Volume

The title is correct, it certainly has you reaching the volume knob! Fantastic!!

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
All Beach Boys these last few days:

Smile Sessions

Smiley Smile

Today

Love You

Wild Honey

20/20

and then:

We're Only In It For The Money - Zappa/Mothers

Carrie & Lowell - Sufjan Stevens

Sour - Ghostface Killah & Badbadnotgood

Port Of Morrow - The Shins

strms

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
The two albums which I bought this afternoon both reissues.

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

Mazzanine - Massive Attack

Once on the LP12 now getting a spin on the 1210, which reminds me, any suggestions for a mid priced MM cart for a LP12?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
Supertramp - Crime Of The Century

Followed by...

Jim Steinman - Bad For Good (Yes, I know, but I'm a sucker for a good melody)

latest

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

thescarletpronster said:
Hullo, Big Bern, I was about to ask whether anyone had heard from you, as I hadn't seen you for a while. Hope all's well.

Just trying to stay clear of the idiots. *smile*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Now have the vinyl of this, having owned the CD since it was released. The vinyl does seem to have a bit more oomph.

Fourteen-Iced-Bears-Wonder-260581.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

You were a long time gone Freddy. What kept you away, and what brought you back?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts