What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 347 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
71jY5nHvcbL._SX425_.jpg

Allman Brothers - Eat A Peach, must have one of the best inner covers of all time.

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Trip to Berwick St this afternoon, Reckless and Sister Ray, now sitting listening to:

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willie and the Poor Boys

John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton - the Beano album

Fairport Convention - What We Did On Our Holidays

Stanley Clarke - School Days.

In Reckless saw original (late 50s) mono copy of John Coltrane's Blue Train. Anyone care to guess how much they wanted for it?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Lost Angeles said:
Allman Brothers - Eat A Peach, must have one of the best inner covers of all time.

Looks a bit Ozric Tentacles to me, but obviously way before them.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

6and8 said:
In Reckless saw original (late 50s) mono copy of John Coltrane's Blue Train. Anyone care to guess how much they wanted for it?

An original sold on Discogs for £544.65, so I'll guess it's around £500?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
Lovely tune that. Something quite magical about it

It's one of my all time favourites. It's beautiful, joyful, and melancholic all at the same time.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you read it right *smile*

Neil Sedaka - 'Laughter And Tears' (best of). To me, a fabulous melody writer/songsmith. I can't think of a more poignant tune than 'The Hungry Years', and one that I can relate to.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:

Neil Sedaka - 'Laughter And Tears' (best of). To me, a fabulous melody writer/songsmith. I can't think of a more poignant tune than 'The Hungry Years', and one that I can relate to.

But there's no way I'd let him babysit. *biggrin*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:

Ain't 'weird' is he?

I'm just saying it as I see it, Freddy. There's something very dark going on behind that sunshiney smile.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:

Ain't 'weird' is he?

I'm just saying it as I see it, Freddy. There's something very dark going on behind that sunshiney smile.

I kinda get what you say, quite sugary. However, I see him as more of a joyous sort, and seems quite genuine when I've seen him interviewed. He is at least, a 'proper' musician. Ahh, I get it, you don't like his voice? *biggrin*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:

Ain't 'weird' is he?

I kinda get what you say, quite sugary. However, I see him as more of a joyous sort, and seems quite genuine when I've seen him interviewed. He is at least, a 'proper' musician. Ahh, I get it, you don't like his voice? *biggrin*

I don't care about his voice, and he's written some classic pop records, I just wouldn't trust him alone in a school playground. *biggrin*

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:

Ain't 'weird' is he?

I don't care about his voice, and he's written some classic pop records, I just wouldn't trust him alone in a school playground. *biggrin*

Again, I get what you say, but he comes across to me as someone totally opposite to that. I actually prefer the songs that weren't 'hits'. 'The Hungry Years' is a song that really resonates with me, for reasons I won't go into. Always brings a tear...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:

Ain't 'weird' is he?

Again, I get what you say, but he comes across to me as someone totally opposite to that. I actually prefer the songs that weren't 'hits'. 'The Hungry Years' is a song that really resonates with me, for reasons I won't go into. Always brings a tear...

Fair enough, Freddy.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Just stuck on a few 45s as I'd pulled them out.

The Godfathers - Birth School Work Death

Tackhead - The Game

The Exploited - Dead Cities

Simon Dupree - Kites

Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law

Dr Feelgood - Milk & Alcohol

William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got

The Crazy World Of The Seven Souls - Fire

Chaquito - Hawaii 5 O

B52s - Planet Claire (live) / Rock Lobster (live)

5th Dimension - Sunshine Of Your Love (Wow!!!!!)

Adam & The Ants - Kings Of The Wild Frontier (Another Wow!!!!!!)

Altered Images - Don't Talk To Me About Love

Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World

Twinkle - Golden Lights

Tenpole Tudor - Swords Of A Thousand Men

Split Enz - I Got You

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I hate it when when somebody says, 'I won't go into it'. Freddy, you're amongst friends; please detail your psychological dramas. We've got all night and it'll be theraputic for you! *drinks*

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Jim_W said:
I hate it when when somebody says, 'I won't go into it'. Freddy, you're amongst friends; please detail your psychological dramas. We've got all night and it'll be theraputic for you! *drinks*

Well, struggling to pay the mortgage, working all hours (nights), not doing enough with/for the kids. Worst of all, looking forward to easier/better times. Would I go back to those harder times? You bet!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts